Looking for a navigation for a 2002 Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for a navigation for a 2002 Eddie Bauer

rrich49132

Reaction score
City, State
arlington, va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 eddie bauer
I am looking for a Navigation unit for my 2002 Eddie Bauer. I am curious if this was a factory option where I could find one at a junk yard or ebay? I would like to retain the controls for it on the steering wheel as I don't want to go aftermarket. Can anyone help?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It might be do-able, might. In '04 they changed the wiring from 'World Plugs' to 'Phase II', you would have to buy two adapters one for body side and one for the radio side (Metra has them). Then you have to spice the 36 wires together to bridge the two (plus 4 if you have the sub). With an '02 you should have World Plugs, Nav radios are all phase II's.

Aftermarket is an option now, as they make adapters for the steering wheel controls.

Word of caution on the JY or fleabay buy, usually the CD unit is broken if the shipping bracket is removed and its turned upside down. The only thing holding the CD trays is a very small spring and a small post. The trays will fall off jamming it up good. I added Audiophile 6CD (fleabay $50) to a basic Radio in my '04, after i got it in the mail well packaged, i had to send it out to be fixed (Another $80). So far after a year all is well.

hopefully this helps

I am not willing to splice wires so don't think I would go with a 2004. Do you know the types of aftermarket that will hook up to the steering wheel controls? I am try crutchfield but am not willing to spend $1000 as wanted to buy something off of ebay.

I think I am going to go with aftermarket and get this extra piece so that I will retain the steering wheel controls. I am looking on crutchfield's site. They offer installation but it is $200. Ouch. I am horrible with electronics so don't think I want to attempt the install but think I can find a local place that can give me a deal on everything including install.

so if i have an 05 xlt sport i could use the 06 nav radio in my dash and have it all work?

Will the nav out of an aviator work?

o good call i dont know but that would be nice.

Back