me+ditch=stuck | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

me+ditch=stuck

yep...i'm a ditch diver! it was fun tho...and no kids were harmed in the making of these pics. :D

smoked it in the ditch...watching the kids on the sled in the back ;)
11-19-05fun_001_(small).jpg

see the sled attached...my cousin and the kid from down the street were on it. i was looking back because one kid fell off the sled. then i got sucked in by the snow on the side of the road. and it was all over.
11-19-05fun_002_(small).jpg

group photo before i got the X to pull it out. :p
11-19-05fun_003_(small).jpg

and..explorer to the rescue! :D
11-19-05fun_005_(small).jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should have pulled them with the cushman!

i want snow :(

today i did it again 3 more times. one time it took 3-4 pulls with the explorer with studded snow tires in 4x4low...i really had it stuck that time..lol

i guess i really should pay attention better insyed of trying not to kill the kids..LOL

Think.....mirrors!

Oh that has fun written all over it

cant wait till it snows here!

Damn texas!! *shakes fist in the air*

MONMIX said:
Oh that has fun written all over it

wow now that looks like a good time...me and some buddies used to pull a sled with their 4wheeler....tons of fun :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

we used to do something like that... i took the hood off an old car... turned it upside down and put some blankets down and then my dad would back up the tractor....(40 horse farm tractor) and put it in high gear with about 20 feet of chain between the sled in the tractor.... ill never forget the one slight corner we went around the sled got sucked into the ditch and flipped us all off into the trees ( the tractor goes about 15 mph.... lots of fun...

All I know is you are glad you did not MIS TYPE the title of this thread.

Stuck = suck, Ditch = .......

you get the idea

:p

i clocked the golf cart at 20mph...made it fun for the kids..i threw a few off..lol

410...now that woudlent be in the "whoops" section now would it..lmao

we done 360s in a cart all the way across a frozen lake. :D we started at top of a big hill and got going as fast as we could at the lake. the ice was nice smooth as glass with no snow. it took awhile to get back. :p golf carts and snow=BIG FUN

Towing things is always a good time. We had a 4 inch thick Rubbermaid sled, The cadallac of towing objects. We also used a boat tube, and a modified seat from a 50's bus. That was the most thrilling ride. We layed the seat on its back ripped of the bottom of the seat and cut the legs off. Then hitched it off center, but had a sliding hitch that could go from 60/40 to about 80/20. Even with just an ATV you could corner it so hard the centrifugal force would tear you off no matter how hard you held on. Pretty safe in the winter, but we preffered to do it in the spring or fall when there was a nice heavy dew. Cornered so hard once with 2 people on the seat that it tipped the ATV over.

With the ATV we always had traction problems, does the cart have a live axle? I'd chain that sucker up :) The novelty wore off of the ATV(traction and speed problems) and we moved up to a 30hp Skidoo. Until we siezed that up it was good to about 60 pulling something. The latest tow motor is a 70hp Arctic Cat. That'll tow faster than we have dared. I've always wanted to try the car hood. I'm sure with a good hitch and a few coats of wax it would be dangerous.

the cart does have a rear axle and it acts like a limited slip. some times only one wheel spins..other times it spins both. but we put 2 50lbs sand bags in the rear is it..and today it pulled right up my drivway with about 5" of snow on it. but i am looking for some chains..or else i will find some more tires and wheels and studd a set.

as far a speed..this works perfect for what i'm doing. they are little kids(6-8 years old) so 17-20mph is a good safe speed. any faster and i would be very scared of hurting them. right now what i do is weve back and forth in the road..and get close to the edge with the cart.this causes the sled to hit the berm and makes for a fun ride.

here was one from today..
32803040536.jpg

i am really amazed with this cart..it is a late 80s yamaha with a 2 cycle motor. and it have beat the living **** out of it over my years of drving it. it prolly has 100k of HARD miles on it. and today..it was 16* outside covered in snow..pulled th choke out and it fired right up like new..very well built cart..might not be much to look at now. but it runs like a champ!

Those old carts are way overbuilt. I've always wanted to get one. I think tomorrow I'm going to fire up ol' Cat and dig out the Rubbermaid. I may end up using the tractor. My neices are 7 and 5, and the snowmobile might scare them. This is the first winter with this tractor, and it'd be nice to test it out. I think this one is going to suck.

my friend has some 200 acres right next to my house and we make sleds and stuff for him to pull us around on in the hay frields talkn about crazy stuff i think the fastest anyone has gone was 45ish on the hell razor 3000 haha weve got some pretty cool sleds ill see if i can get a picture of us on them...and no noones gotn hurt yet everyone falls and they just get back up and wanna go again :D

the cart that we were using was electric. the front glass was replaced four times be cause of trees. we went though four sets of batteries in five years.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my cousin busted the front windsheild when he was 6 when he hit a CAT966 loader..lol and it has not been replaced because of the cost. then i broke the mounts to the roof...making it so if you mount another peice of window..it will break right away. i need to get them weled up so it is stong again. but for now i have it bungie corded,duct taped,riveted,zip tied together..lol and its holding.

gas is the only way to go with a cart..lol

Back