Moab 2016 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2016

Contact canyonlands, I think there is a simple fee for extra vehicles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

5 for dinner on saturday!

Cracked open the '96 axle we're gonna swap into our rig. Thing looks pristine. I think it was worked on in the recent past, the gear oil was still clear and smelled fresh. Only signs of wear were on the spider gears.

Should have it in and ready for testing by next week.

Attachments

• DSC_1932.jpg
    DSC_1932.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC_1929.jpg
    DSC_1929.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 218

Grant's Subarex is ready to roll, with an Expedition transfer case installed for 4 low!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 193

Grant's Subarex is ready to roll, with an Expedition transfer case installed for 4 low!

That is a magnificent creation.

So, after some debate with myself... I went ahead and ordered a lock right locker for the rear, so The Black One will be fully locked for Moab! Getting anxious.

I'm looking forward to seeing the beast in person :D

I'm curious to see how it does, should be a bit lighter than an explorer and wondering how much of a hassle it's going to be to have to get out and reach under it to grab low range all the time. I've got the 'on the fly' part hooked up to a switch so maybe low range won't be needed too much?? Considering the lesser weight, that is.

Is anyone bringing a welder with them on this trip?

I won't have any electric hookups at our camp site, but I have my little 110v MIG I can bring along if need be...

Is anyone bringing a welder with them on this trip?

I am bringing my millermatic 211.
Plus I have rod in my rig for trail repairs if needed

And you're in the right campground and will be there only 2 days after us!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's awesomeness!

Yep, welded a cracked radius arm right in the campground. . .
Joe Welder.jpg

(from 2013)
Joe got me 1100 miles back home and probably would still be good if I hadn't upgraded to new radius arms.

Matt - Meet up time and location is City Market at 8:00, when we actually leave the parking lot, however, . . . tends to be . . ."variable".

Paul
'91 Sport

Back