more '11 explorers at dealerships? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

more '11 explorers at dealerships?

yepyepwhat

Reaction score
does anyone know when to expect more of the '11 explorers at dealerships? most around here have 1 or 2 but thats it. seems like since the initial inventory sent to them a couple weeks back no more have came in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Chicago plant was down for 3 weeks starting Xmas week and considering they are capable of pumping out some 4-5000 units per week, that was a huge hit to deliveries. They are still sifting through pre-orders (see numerous other threads on here) but they are mixing in dealer stock as well. February should be a big (short) month for them and I would say stock should meet demand come March or April. I live in the biggest city in my state and there are 2 on the lots between 3 Ford dealerships the last time I checked.

Here there have been 4 that I know of. First one was sold, one was accounted for, and there are two others. More should be coming in every week or so.

yeah i was thinking of possibly just ordering but i live in a large city so i thought a dealer could find me one in the next 2 or 3 weeks like I wanted instead of having to wait for an order.

Allan Vigil Ford in my hometown has no fewer than 7 '11 Explorers sitting there.

Locally Westland Ford in Ogden has 3 or 4 2011 Explorers (that I could see) and a bunch of 2010's

The Chicago plant was down for 3 weeks starting Xmas week and considering they are capable of pumping out some 4-5000 units per week, that was a huge hit to deliveries. They are still sifting through pre-orders (see numerous other threads on here) but they are mixing in dealer stock as well. February should be a big (short) month for them and I would say stock should meet demand come March or April. I live in the biggest city in my state and there are 2 on the lots between 3 Ford dealerships the last time I checked.

Is that number just for Explorer's since the factory also produces the MKS & Taurus.

Is that number just for Explorer's since the factory also produces the MKS & Taurus.

Yes, that number is just for Explorer's. I'm aware that CAP makes MKS and Taurus too. Ford won't officially release build capacity (as stated by the Facebook rep sometime back) but he also posted numbers built back in December, so it's fairly easy math. Additionally a CAP worker posted they can pump out 5,000 a week working weekends/OT. They further said they work on an average of one Explorer every 30 seconds on the line, so 2 a minute.

My dealer has 3 'Dealer Ordered' Explorers in the system, the first of which went into production the week of Dec. 2nd. They were given an anticipated delivery date of Jan. 10th for the first one but as of this morning, it has not yet arrived. My order went in Dec. 20th and still no word on a build date.

I haven't seen a single one around here. None at any of the local stealerships either. Oh well. Not that it bothers me:D

I haven't seen a single one around here. None at any of the local stealerships either. Oh well. Not that it bothers me:D

You know you want a 2011 explorer :D

A white one with a temp tag passed me the other day when I was going for a walk -- I saw it about 500ft away going north (I was southbound), I stopped, clenched my fists, starred up at the sky and yelled "Nooooooooooo!!!!!" - I'm sure anyone who saw me thought I was crazy, BUT oh well.

Moderator time here folks. This is going into all threads on the '11 Explorer.

I know there are those of you out there that do not like the new Explorer. I'm fine with that and you are entitled to your opinion. HOWEVER I am tired of people bashing the '11 without ever driving one, sitting in one, or in some cases seeing one. If you have experience with one and don't like a feature or how it drives or how it failed you somehow, please post up about it. I've already found stuff I don't like and posted up about it, and I'm sure that there are other features/items that I will find that I don't like either.

If you don't like the fact that Ford called this an Explorer and you feel that the name is tarnished, don't whine here, it won't do any good. You'll just piss people off. Sent a note to Ford and complain to them. If enough people don't like the re-design and tell Ford, maybe they will take that into consideration.

If anyone persists in continued bashing or sniping (as in any other forum on the site), you will become eligible for a vacation from the site of an undetermined length.

Please do not respond to this post saying F-You or Thank You...That's not why it's here. Just read it and continue on.

Thank You.

On Edit..a healthy debate is always welcome on here. Please do not take it as different opinions are not allowed. It's the bashing that needs to stop.

Back