Msupertekk's new paint job! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Msupertekk's new paint job!

Well I said my truck would change this weekend and here it is, I am almost finished with the paint, all I have left is to paint the roof and the roll cage then its done. All material cost me less than $25 so I can say I did make a mod to my truck this year. A friend of mine come over this today and we started at 8 in the morning sanding it down and came to a stopping point about 1 hour ago. Tell me what you think... :D

9352newpaint1.JPG

9352newpaint2.JPG

9352newpaint3.JPG

Here are the rest of the pics from today I finally got it done.
9352newpaint8.JPG

9352newpaint7.JPG

9352newpaint6.JPG

9352newpaint5.JPG

9352newpaint4.JPG

Well there it is from all angles its done! :D :usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is uber sweet....different, but sweet.

I've said this several times...we need a drool smilie. That is a pretty badass paint job. :cool:

Gotta love Texans and their love for Texas.

I like everything but those gay round headlights.

Thats what happens when you lay over on a rock and crush the left front fender, I broke the left light out on my last trip and decided it was cheaper to put two offroad lights ( paid $20 for both of them) than to try in buy another explorer light and grill assembly. Just to let ya know one of my buddies pretty much said the same thing. :D

Previous trip pic
9352wr19.jpg

It came out great... When I get around to painting my X I'll be pretty much winging it... There is no way I'm throwing $$$ for a paint job on a vehicle that goes offroad. Btw what kind of paint to you use and how did you layout the Star on the hood?

WOW i so knew that paint job was coming...that is so beautiful nice job :thumbsup: :D

Looks good and WILD..LOL...I see you washed some of the mud off before painting.ha..
In an imaginary kinda way..the first front end pic kinda looks like an early Bronco with the round lights...
You will be remembered on the trail when you leave some of that paint behind on a rock or tree..ha.ha.....!!

Well the paint is from Sherwin Williams paint store and is a All Surface Oil Based Enamel. I used a very thin paint roller for smooth surfaces to paint it, and a foam 1 inch paint brush to outline the cammo. Believe it or not the paint surface looks less orange pealed than a lot of vehicle I've seen in our shop that just a had a cheap paint job put on at some hole in the wall paint shop.
As for the star a buddy of mine helped do the star when I gave it the OD green paint job originally. He's got skills when it comes to artwork. I watched him tape off the star shape using a ruler and running tape basically make a star kinda like the star of david design. Then he basically cut all the excess tape out of the middle and painted it in. This way it come out pretty good I think.

Never seen any thing like it before.

Way cool too

It looks even better than the p-shop. I like it alot. :thumbsup: The round headlights look like it was a cat that got ran over and its eyes popped out. :p

thats kick ass! I vote for EB headlights or something though :)

You still mount the spare up high on the cage?

I like the choice of pattern and colors it looks good!

Thnx for all the compliments. :D

And yes I still mount the tire on the rear of the cage, at this point there really is nowhere else to fit it.

I like :thumbsup:

Maybe if you show up for Moab next year you'll win some headlights in the raffle. LOL

LOL! I'll probably try in make it, some headlights sound good ha! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like it, just make sure you are out at Gilmer the weekend of the 22nd to show it off

Back