My 2013 Limited has a build and delievery estimate | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2013 Limited has a build and delievery estimate

Well, here we are, March 1 tomorrow. Have you received an update ? You must have received some update, a build date, something bybnow, yes?...
Pete,

I thought I’d “jump” off to a great leap day and send you some news on your order. :D

Actually, tomorrow is the 29th :D
You’re right, cnsheets; unless he drives a DeLorean. ;)

He just got Back From The Future...
Vince,

Just drive slower than 88 miles per hour and you’ll be fine. :):thumbsup:

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still waiting for my 2012 Limited ordered on Nov 24 and built Jan 20. What the heck is taking so long.

My dealer told me yesterday I got a build date for the week of 3/18 for my 2013 limited Explorer.

Well, here we are, March 1 tomorrow. Have you received an update ? You must have received some update, a build date, something bybnow, yes?

I ordered 2/8...

I have printed the window sticker and sent the order number and dealer name to Cory for follow-up. Still waiting, but from what I understand, should be close. Better be, need to get started buying a boat already.

Still waiting for my 2012 Limited ordered on Nov 24 and built Jan 20. What the heck is taking so long.
I replied to your message, crash87; please see the details so I can look into this for you.

My dealer told me yesterday I got a build date for the week of 3/18 for my 2013 limited Explorer.
Congratulations, Pete; it’s only a matter of time now! About 4-6 days before it rolls off the line, the window sticker URL will update:

Code:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<Insert VIN Here>

I have printed the window sticker and sent the order number and dealer name to Cory for follow-up. Still waiting, but from what I understand, should be close. Better be, need to get started buying a boat already.
chaneya,

If you haven’t seen my reply yet; spoilers: I sent you some good news. :D

What kind of boat are you going to be shopping for?

Cory

chaneya,

If you haven’t seen my reply yet; spoilers: I sent you some good news. :D

What kind of boat are you going to be shopping for?

Cory

Cory, I'm looking at Malibu's and Moomba's. May have to stick with a 20 footer, I'm a little worried about the weight of anything bigger.

2nd Row Bucket Seats Delay

My dealer says there will be a delay due to a production delay of the 2nd row bucket seats. Anyone else heard about this or able to provide some details?

My dealer says there will be a delay due to a production delay of the 2nd row bucket seats. Anyone else heard about this or able to provide some details?

My latest update came from Cory, and it had just rolled off the line. No eta was in the system. But then, I didn't order 2nd row buckets either.

My latest update came from Cory, and it had just rolled off the line. No eta was in the system. But then, I didn't order 2nd row buckets either.

I had heard the same thing about second row bucket production delays, too.

I ordered one with second row buckets on 2/17. Cory sent me my VIN yesterday and told me that mine would come out of production middle of this month. Called my dealer and they gave me a production date of 3/19.

I hope not, I ordered 2nd row buckets!

Picked my 2013 Limited up today. Tuxedo Black/Black Leather, 302A group. Dealer left off mud flaps and cross bars for the roof racks, so I'll be going back for that sometime around the first oil change.

I picked up a magnaflow catback from performancepeddler.com last week for right at $450, hopefully I can get car-x to install that sometime this week since I don't have any real place to do the work myself. Still need to get the shark fin antenna, front tints, performance intake, clearbra, and I'm still considering black wheels, but I'm not sure I want to move away from the chrome.

My questions are, can I sell the factory catback and wheels? Are they worth enough to offset the costs of the upgrade?

I also ordered buckets on 2/17. Have a production date of 3/21 and, as of yesterday, a projected dealer delivery date of 4/2.

Cory's Resonse Time

How long does it usually take for Cory to repond to a PM? Sent order details (build w/o 3/19) on 3/9 but haven't had a response yet.

Hey guys,

Edit: The production for XLT 2nd row buckets has been delayed back to May 7th.

I'm happy to help by keeping an eye on your order for you. If you haven’t already, send a PM with your VIN or order number & dealer code/dealer info.

Cory, I'm looking at Malibu's and Moomba's. May have to stick with a 20 footer, I'm a little worried about the weight of anything bigger.
Did you end up making a decision, chaneya? :D

How long does it usually take for Cory to repond to a PM? Sent order details (build w/o 3/19) on 3/9 but haven't had a response yet.
I’m sorry about the delay, mikeylikesit2. My inbox has been swamped for a few days.

Check your inbox for my reply. :)

Cory

Frustrated

My estimated delivery date was 2/27, I have still not receieved my Explorer... Here is the list of pathetic excuses I have gotten...this includes speaking to Ford's 2nd tier customer relations (Cory that is why I have not responded to your PM with my zip)

-My dealer says they have no info other than est delivery of 2/27, that it is built, and just sitting on the ramp.
-Ford says my dealer has all the info and they don't have any for me
-Ford says there is a hold up due to an EPA sticker(2/28)
-Ford says there is a "stop-ship" on ALL 2013 Explorers (3/6)
-Dealer says that there is an issue with the ABS Modules(3/12)
-Ford Customer Relations says, "My Computer is not loading and I cannot give you any information'---after putting me on hold to probably ask his supervisor if it was ok to tell me the truth, or if he should just come up with some lame excuse

I ordered my Explorer the first week in January...sorry guys, if your still waiting, don't get your hopes up... Ford isnt concerned with telling us ANY real information, just excuses! All I want is the truth and a date!

My estimated delivery date was 2/27, I have still not receieved my Explorer... Here is the list of pathetic excuses I have gotten...this includes speaking to Ford's 2nd tier customer relations (Cory that is why I have not responded to your PM with my zip)...
TheSweetGinger,

I sent you a follow-up PM; please see your inbox for the details.

Cory

Order update

Cory,
I sent a PM to you yesterday regarding my order and am hoping you can provide me with some information regarding it's stautus. Unfortunately, my dealer is not able or is unwilling to do so.
Thank you for your help.

Cory,
I sent a PM to you yesterday regarding my order and am hoping you can provide me with some information regarding it's stautus. Unfortunately, my dealer is not able or is unwilling to do so.
Thank you for your help.
Thanks for the heads up, retpsy; I’ll send you a reply soon. :D

Cory

Further update

Just when I thought I wasn't getting any help from my dealer, he proved me wrong. I just got a call from my him and he gave me a VIN number and tentative build week for my Explorer. If the information is correct, the build should be 4 weeks from the order date. Hope this info helps any of you who are wondering about timelines. Now the question is when will it be shipped?
Cory, I'll pm with the VIN # Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The delivery date is the issue, mine was built on 2/14, expected delivery 2/27, delivery still says 2/27, and no further updates. Starting to think my car is lost.

Back