New Member | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

mekanikj

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford explorer
Hello Everyone,

Im new here and wanted to get a question out and hopefully get some answers regarding a situation I'm going thru. I'm currently working on a 2001 Ford Explorer 5.0 4 door. Now my problem with the vehicle is Power Windows. All Power Windows are Inoperative. I've check fuses, relays, and Master Window Switch on driver Door. The master window switch is the one without 2 connectors on the back. It has individual wires splice in on board. Anyway I've checked power 12v on wire, and ground. So Power and Ground is present at switch. Nothing occurs when i try to raise a window. So i decided to bypass switch by running a wire from 12v Battery to switch raising and lowering driver door window. That worked Perfectly, so my guess is the Accessory delay relay. Im really not sure, so any help will be appreciative. Also to let you know Master window switch is brand new from dealer, and 12 volts is present at switch checked with DMM. Ground is also a good ground. Now issue is trying to find this accessory delay relay, or if it just doesnt have one. Please if possible to get a detail window switch shematic. Thank you all for giving me a chance to be part of the forum.

Back