• Register Today It's free!

Oil level

Millertime1987

Reaction score
City, State
New Richmond
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited 4X4
I found a previous post that was very old so here is new thread. I have 171000 on my 5.0 engine and at the last oil change said it was so low didn't register on the dip stick. I went a bit over 5000 miles from the last change that was at Valvoline Rapid oil. I have been checking it when i fill the gas tank last couple of weeks and notice no change. I did change to the High mileage oil what other things should i look at?

I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you check the level regularly and don't notice any huge drops in level between checks. And, of course, don't find any oil puddles underneath.

mine likes to apparently eat oil. I have to add ~1/4 quart (give or take) every 1000 miles or so. I know there's a slight leak at the rear main seal, but it's not enough to cause concern.

1 quart loss per 3000 miles is actually considered "normal" by most manufacturers.

~Mark

I just put in a quart this morning and brought it back to max. I drive about 70 miles round trip for work every day some times hitting stop and go. will need to keep watch of it. Never had to up till now so its a learning process now.

Back