Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Polk County Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer 5.0L AWD
Callsign
Big Red
Just as a heads up on these Spacers. I recently put one of these on my 96 5.0l and I ran into a issue after a about a months time. When I first put the spacer on i noticed it did not have the hole for the egr to run through the center of the intake manifolds. I mistaking bought it designed for the 5.0 I have in my other truck with a external egr tube. Or with out GT40 set up. So no worries right we are handy people just make a hole, so I did. I slightly over sized the hole just to make sure the hot air was not blowing directly on the spacer. It turns out though this does not work, on a long road trip it blew a hole out the side of the spacer! This is my first time using one of these and i did not know they had a specific one for the gt40 style intakes did not find them the first time round. The correct on had a pre made hole that it sleeved with a metal insert to prevent this from happening. Something else to note before installing clean check and smooth all the areas around each hole. Make sure to use copper coat highly advise to for what its worth. You may also have to modify your coil pack mounting bracket as I did. Everything else fit and cleared. I hope this helps someone doing this the first time to not mess up like I did!(Also i hope this is posted in the correct spot someone tell me if not and ill move it)

Back