Question about Front License Plate Bracket | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about Front License Plate Bracket

BootyDo

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Limited V8
Hello,

I have a simple, (I hope), question about Front License Plate Brackets on 1999 Explorers.

The truck I bought did not come with a front bracket. Because the law requires us to have two in this state, I'd like to get one. Recently, on the classifieds section, I saw one for a pretty good price. However, it's from a '97 Explorer.

My question is will this fit my '99 Explorer?

I'm not too sure what the trim/options are on the '97, but mine is a '99 XLT model with that gray plastic/vinyl and foglights.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah it wont fit on your 99 explorer. that bracket will fit on 95-98. the one you need is either 99 to 01.

bah, my state requires us to have a plate on both front and rear but ever since i had my front bumper repainted 7 months ago i left it off. so far i havnt been pulled over....also have limo tint on front two windows heh

Dang. That's okay though...for now.

Honestly, I never really noticed not having a front license plate. Actually, I can honestly say our plates are some of the best looking ones out there. Really simple. But, each night when I get off of work and I'm walking to the truck, I sure do notice the no-tag thing. Looks nice. But then I get up close and can see the holes. :(

But thanks! I actually figured it would fit so knowing that, I won't buy one of the ones that was listed in the classified section.

Thanks! :D

I had to buy one from Ford for my 97 6 years ago. It was around $15. Not bad for factory part.

Also try ped5stang. He is a member here and specializes in Explorer & Mustang used parts, You will find him in the parts for sale forum.

Here is the link to his thread:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=166984

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the reply! Actually, I was going to buy one from Ped5stang, but he said the only one he had around was one from a '97. :(

Still, I'm buying some other things from him, (can you believe I bought a car without a jack!?!). But $15 really isn't a bad price at all for an accessory from Ford. Heck, I was figuring like $30, so I really wouldn't mind ordering one from my local dealer. I was going to get rubber OEM mats too.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!

You are welcome. It may be more after 6 years but still should be reasonable.

Back