Question for Those Who Had Dealer Install Upgrade | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question for Those Who Had Dealer Install Upgrade

RGK53

Reaction score
How long did it take?
I'm one of those who will not be getting the mailer, and have been told to see my dealer the the update. I've scheduled an appointment for Monday for the update and an oil change. When I called the make the appointment, I was told that it could take several hours. I'll be waiting at the dealer, as I'm not able to drop the car off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the update itself takes about an hour (little less), but it depends on how long after you get there they actually take your car in to the shop......

i just had mine done today at the dealer . the entire process took just over an hour from his computer getting updates from ford. so far much better hated the old screen

If u r anyway going to leave it at the dealer, why not get some more things fixed. One thing I did was also to get one of the 'transmission jerk' TSBs fixed for me. I have one of the older models for which I had to take it to the dealer. Got the MFT update, oil change and also the fix for the transmission problem. I had to leave the car at the dealer's for two days though since they had to order parts etc. Good thing is that they gave me a loaner during that time.

I dropped mine off at 7am before they opened, and they called at 11 and said it was done (along with checking out an intermittent speaker in the passenger's door).

Is there an autorization for one days rental while this update is being taken care of. I thought I seen that somewhere.

It was a note that said "Customers are authorized for one day of rental coverage while having the update performed. Dealers may claim one day of Transportation Assistance Program using TAP 5 for Ford rentals.

Got the update done this morning, as well as an oil change. When I first got to the dealer, I was told that the update would take half a day. Since I was going to wait for the work to be done, I told them to forget it, and just do the oil change.
After about 30 min., Customer Service advisor comes back out to tell me that they're going to "try to get the update done in about an hour". So I said great, do it.
Everything was done in about 1 1/2 hours. Funny thing is that I told the guy 3 times that I DO NOT have Nav. I get home and see that they inserted a new Nav. SD card in the slot. Of course, useless for me! I'm going to wait to see if I get a phone call from them wanting it back.

Back