Rear Bumper Project. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Bumper Project.

Geez, maybe I should get my eyes checked cause I can't see nothing out of the back window! Well, maybe just a little on the drivers side. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One more batch of pictures since all that left is to do the receiver, which won't happen for a coupla days...while I was at it I painted my hood. :D

rearbumperpart7001.jpg

rearbumperpart7002.jpg

rearbumperpart7003.jpg

rearbumperpart7004.jpg

rearbumperpart7005.jpg

rearbumperpart7007.jpg

rearbumperpart7008.jpg

rearbumperpart7009.jpg

Youve got a snorkel too :eek: Man that thing is coming along VERY nicely. It is gonna be bad ass man *drool*

Originally posted by Premier
Youve got a snorkel too :eek: Man that thing is coming along VERY nicely. It is gonna be bad ass man *drool*

Maybe he should give you the truck when he is done fixing it up since on the plate it says "Premier Ford".

Don't worry the Premier Ford frame comes off when the plate goes to the Tire Carrier.

Sorry nothing personal, I've been getting around to that...just didn't seem as important as the mods. I'm gonna put a frame like the one on the front on the tire carrier.

It has Ford emblems on it. ;)

and then maybe a parking/brake light.

thats one hell of a front bumper. DAMN

Originally posted by Garth
Maybe he should give you the truck when he is done fixing it up since on the plate it says "Premier Ford".

Thats the best damn idea ive heard all day ;)

Originally posted by BenS
Man you need some bigger tires!

LoL, if you click the link in his(cdsl227) signature, you will see that he is planning a SAS :eek:
Then and only then will he want to pay for "bigger tires" ;)

Those're 31x10.50-

Next step- 35x12.50. :D :D

I must say, after everything is done- you will probably have the best lookin X in my mind.... if only it was a Copper colored Sport :afro:

I didnt realize you have a snorkel too!! oh you got another PM :bounce:

Ok, so the bumper took it's first hit today. :mad:

But it took it like a champ! :D

I was in traffic and a Ford Van was just being a general Dlckhead (intentionally, if I might add), so I blew the horn :D , the Mac horn of course. When we started moving the old guy in front of me took the right lane to pass the van and the bozo in the van kinda veered right to spook him, then I took the right lane to pass the van and he tried to run me into the sidewalk and when he saw I was still there he tried to push me into a pedestrian- oh, no! Not at 8:00am when i haven't even had a cup of coffee yet!

I dove at him, the 2 azzes in the van were laughing- he dove at me- I DOVE at him enough to move him into the oncoming traffic lane (there's no traffic coming from Manhattan in the morning, so...) and whacked his front bumper with my rear bumper...then once I was in front of him- I slammed the brakes! :D

I was trying to stamp him with the 3/8 steel tabs sticking out from the tire carrier and the tow ball...but he didn't go for it. :(

It wasn't even road-rage it was simply an attitude adjustment.

I know it's all stupidity, but all I can offer is one warning- I PAY TOO DAMN MUCH FOR INSURANCE!

I have no problem with slamming somebody when they intentionally do dumb **** and jeopardize my safety- if there's gonna be an accident- I might as well be in control of it and YES there's is such a thing as a controlled accident.

I had one guy intentionally stripe the drivers side with his mirror one time and then drive off like nothing happened- I made him eat the tow ball and then drove off on him.

Tit-for-Tat.

Some people are such azzholes because they think nobody is going to do anything...oh, I don't want to scratch my car- that's why I'm armoring mine...payback is a b!tch!

Anybody got a little Rustoleum? :D :D

No bends, just barely a scratch.

Ya know- I started out this morning being a nice guy...but somebody always p!sses on my parade, I really didn't want any grief, but I felt much better after trading paint. :)

Now you can all bash me for being an idiot.

thats interesting. good story. I might need to get a horn like that. haha

Now you can all bash me for being an idiot.
Nah! But, now I think we have a new phrase for the board members.

It'll go like this...
Yeah, this dude cut me off today on my way to work, so I did a "cdsl227 road rage combo" on him!

LOL

Good job on the home made armor!

hahahah johnstone.. that's funny stuff!

now all you need to do is get rid of the step bars for rocksliders!! :)

Originally posted by boominXplorer
now all you need to do is get rid of the step bars for rocksliders!! :)

Yes, but big, burly, square rocksliders to match the bumpers.

Originally posted by DocVijay
Yes, but big, burly, square rocksliders to match the bumpers.

You guys just keep reading my mind. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good I dig the front bumper. The only thing about the rear- do you do things the hardest way you can think of? I bet you have some serious time in that thing!! It turned out cool! I dig the TR front. What kid of snorkel is it?

Back