revolver shackles solution | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

revolver shackles solution

Reaction score
City, State
Caracas, Venezuela
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
i just wanted you to know that the only way you could use the teraflex revolver is by modifiying your rear shackle mount, you should find a toyota fj-40 ones, the reason is that the revolver will rest against your frame un less you modify the mount
i did it on my (changing the mount, and also chola did on his) mine doesnt exist anymore, since i got in an accident a wile ago, now i{m a toyota land cruiser FZJ-70 but i still love my explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought the big problem was the revolvers not being made to carry the weight of the Explorer/

You guys ever break one?

that's what i always thought was the problem also

Ive heard Revolver shackles are worthless they promote wheel hop. I would imagine YJ revolvers would work though. I believe thier springs are the same width as ours. As far as strength goes i would imagine theyre plenty strong. As with most offroad components theyre over built though they dont look as beefy as warrior shackles.

I saw some on a pretty heavy looking Toyota with a flatdeck the guy made himself and he said he had them for over a year with no problems, so who knows??

only reason competetive crawlers dont use revolvers is because the unload at all the wrong times. Like when you are climbing a hill in 4Lo and all of a sudden you engine torqes the springs up to the unloaded position and snaps a spring in half...

that can be bad:mad:

Back