Rotors

9COOP5

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Exp XLS
2014 Exp XLT
Not sure why this groove is there on a 2008 Explorer?

0E28B68F-A2A4-4A70-A607-198D51811B4A.jpeg

5F31ED72-3BF0-4D88-8D35-39EAB1C72F7F.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks like a wear groove. Are the pads worn and metal to metal contact is occurring? Maybe there is debris between the rotor and the pad scouring out the rotor.

It looks like a wear groove. Are the pads worn and metal to metal contact is occurring? Maybe there is debris between the rotor and the pad scouring out the rotor.
OK I will check for debris or something. There is still a good amount of brake pad left on both sides.

OK I will check for debris or something. There is still a good amount of brake pad left on both sides.
Is the scouring something that has happened recently? It could have happened from a previous set of pads being worn down and the rotors were not replaced.

Is the scouring something that has happened recently? It could have happened from a previous set of pads being worn down and the rotors were not replaced.
I just noticed a few days ago after having tires and rims installed. It started making this scrubbing noise, and rattling type noise also when hitting a bump.

Something stuck between the pad and rotor.

Back