• Register Today It's free!

Seat swap?

samwe

Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, Ak
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I have access to a '93 Limited being parted out. I would like to put the seats in mine, but they are power and seem to be integrated into the wiring harness.
Has anyone here done this and have any info to share?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All you need is a power and ground wire from an "always on" source. The seats will probably just bolt right in.

Yeah, the bolt pattern from '92-'01 should be the same.

These have an 11 pin connector! What 2 need connected?

its likely that the wiring you need already exist under your carpet or tucked in the door sill. Not 100% but my mustang had manual doors/seat and i swapped doors and seats only to find all of the wiring i needed was there just not being used. I think explorers are the same way, (I think). give it a look!

I will take a closer look, My ex has no carpet right now, and only one seat.
I am in the middle of bedlining the interior. This things sees too much mud to keep the carpet... And i think the leather seats will clean easier than cloth. Hows that for logic?

yeah in alaska leather might be a good idea, here in Northern california leather = hot as hell or cold as ice. good luck!

That sucks, i got lucky with the mustang i guess. well good thing is its easy to run a constant hot to the new seats.

The passenger side will be easy.
For the driver side I will need to find an EB harness to replace the limited harness, then all should be well.

Back