Show me your aftermarket fuse blocks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show me your aftermarket fuse blocks

Like it says, I want to see your aftermarket fuse blocks, where they are located, what brand they are, how much you paid, where you bought them, what's the max amperage one circuit can hold?
I'm tired of the rat's nest of wires I have under the hood with wires and fuses running everywhere. I'm looking for something that has 20-40 circuits, although I could always use 3 or 4 blocks with 10 circuits, etc, and I'd prefer 30 amps per circuit, but most of the blocks I've found are only 15.
So, let's see them, hear about them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I take home the 93-94 Ford power distribution box from the junk yards for about $10, I like th epre 95 boxes, but any of them will work similar (later models even have starter relay built in)

These are easily re-wired, they have relay locations and all sizes of fuse locations, they are cheap, they come with relays and fuses and all the wiring tips you need already OEM

Add a large power wire and a large ground wire, a ACC feed and you are DONE.. 3 wires coming in 1 wire for each fuse and 1-2 wires for each relay and thats it...
My engine only required 3 fues locations and 2 relays for it to run... so the remaining locations I have my aux lights, stereo, heated seats, alarm arb lockers, e fan, etc all wired through this box....plenty of fuse spots left too
if I add many more relays I will need to add one more of these boxes.

Oh and they are weather tight and come with the mounting bracket

Just fyi... i have some pics lets see if I can find them

91 has a fuse block and relays, but the 91 box is not nearly as nice as the 93+ and yes that is the stock power dist box

it has provisions for 4 and 5 prong relays, and uses standard size relays, not "special" ones

all the wiring is done internally, so the "rats nest" is hidden

here is the box for my 88 BII, with the lid open, being worked on for the v8 conversion

2893TRUCK_HARNESS.jpg

91 has a fuse block and relays, but the 91 box is not nearly as nice as the 93+ and yes that is the stock power dist box

it has provisions for 4 and 5 prong relays, and uses standard size relays, not "special" ones

all the wiring is done internally, so the "rats nest" is hidden

here is the box for my 88 BII, with the lid open, being worked on for the v8 conversion

2893TRUCK_HARNESS.jpg

This is such a great idea! How easy it is to overlook the obvious sometimes.

Jamie, where do you think would be an ideal mounting location for this extra box?

4 ga wire ran straight to the battery? I have an optima with top & side posts, so I could use the side posts for the extra box. That would be SWEEEEEET!!

i plan to mount another one right along side this one... I mounted mine on the pass inner fender, right where the factory 1988 fuses and relays went
, closer to the battery the better :)

These are CHEAP and EASY

plus you can see I used more junk yard plugs (male and female connectors) to make my box removeable in about 5 minutes, unhook the ground and the battery... everything else unplugs! easy to add accessories on the work bench

I personally found aftermarket fuse block and relay kits to be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ie painless wiring... this is essentially the same thing.

simple pimple

Back