SoCal Meet & Greet | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SoCal Meet & Greet

Yes 39 way up at the top (by crystal lake) has been closed for years, we come out right above the fork split at the OHV park. 39 use to go all the way to the 2, but it got washed out a long time ago, and they will probally never reopen it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you know stic-o, if you don't play with the kids in the pool that makes you the lifeguard, lol :p

you know stic-o, if you don't play with the kids in the pool that makes you the lifeguard, lol :p

Yeah, yeah...I know:rolleyes: I have straps but no winch...I gave up the winch so I could have the roll cage:cool:

There was a bunch of us that just went on the Rincon short cut about a month ago or so, and we had to checkin at the ranger station at the base of the trail on the Azuza side. There is no ranger station off the 2 so I don't think we can gain entry. I could be wrong, maybe someone else knows.

There was a bunch of us that just went on the Rincon short cut about a month ago or so, and we had to checkin at the ranger station at the base of the trail on the Azuza side. There is no ranger station off the 2 so I don't think we can gain entry. I could be wrong, maybe someone else knows.

All you need is the gate combo;) Hey was there a large tree down over the road in the middle still? Last time I went through (years ago) there was tree down that I could just fit under.:(

Nope, no tree. I somewhat remember seeing a tree choped up along the way, wonder if that was it...

Ok Guys so I was thinking... what about a light run with meet and greet. This run would be doable even for 2wd, but you'll get see some dirt and some back country nature.

Here's what I was thinking,

Start at Mt. base in morning 210 and 2. Head north up Angels Crest Hwy. just past the the Mt Wilson turn off is a trail called Rincon Shortcut. This trail is a 26 mi. fire road that goes from Hwy 2 to Hwy 39. Once you exit the trail on the 39 side Azusa OHV(4x4 only) is right there. I use to due this trail in my old 2wd pre runner ranger all the time:thumbsup:. Takes a few hours, and then we could play in the OHV park, just don't ask me to play in the mud...:rolleyes: Not a big fan of mud...if there is any.

anyway so I was thinking maybe June 23rd or 24th just a day run, and maybe we all grab some dinner afterwards or something.

Thoughts?

more info on the trail

this is the most solid plan yet I am in if I am in town and don't have to work:( it'll give me a reason to dust off the old Explorer and do it something with it rather than watch it collect dust:eek:.:thumbsup:

ell I did my SOA today in about 3 hours with no extra hands. It was a lil scary getting the back end back up off the ground after it was all bolted together. I hate having miniture jack stands lol. It was really easy to do and it only cost me $25. :D I was able to make it so I was able to use stock size shocks for the moment. I think I am going to get some smaller ones if I keep it the way it is. I hoe I can get the Goblin under his own power soon so I can go and play too. I am going to be taking the transfer case off tomorrow morning to see if my output shaft on the trany moves. If it doesn't I guess its time for a trany. :( I am HOPING its the transfer case just for money sake. It was a very productive birthday. Very busy.:D

happy birthday black goblin...i'm tinkering on my X today too and i'm hoping it will be at least ready for azusa but it will be close...i got the 4x4 working in my ranger and i posted the problem in my hub thread...and cmon, let it be the transfer case, woo hoo...

Sooo have we decided on a date yet? the 23rd or the 24th???

Back