Texas EF members meet and greet | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Texas EF members meet and greet

Where would be the best area for a Texas EF meet and greet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sounds yummy to me. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mouth is already watering.
Has anyone decided to bring the buns for the burgers/dogs? I don't know if I overlooked that.
I am also gonna stop at HEB on the way down and pick up some potato salad and cole slaw when I get the burgers and dogs.
Will not be bringing the rig, just driving down in the Silverado, noticed the floor of the trailer was rotted in a spot I don't like, so it is a good thing I had to go to San Antonio and missed SMORR.
This Saturday!!!!

Any thing that might be needed after the fact can be gotten at the HEB less then one mile from my house. :D

Any thing that might be needed after the fact can be gotten at the HEB less then one mile from my house. :D

Kool. A heck of lot better than 23 miles away.

I got most of the parts today to do a 4x4 conversion on my 5.0 Mountaineer. so I will have a whole section of an Explorer do use as a training tool for my 4x4 conversion class. :D

I got most of the parts today to do a 4x4 conversion on my 5.0 Mountaineer. so I will have a whole section of an Explorer do use as a training tool for my 4x4 conversion class. :D

Man, this meet just deeps getting cooler!!!

Almost here. I been cleaning the house all day. I had my renter move out of one of my spare rooms this morning so I been cleaning that section of the house. I even cut the grass in the back yard.

Plus this morning I hauled away what I didnt need from that 5.0 4x4 conversion.

Ive had a full day.

I washed my truck. It is the first time in 3 months.

Things have started to become iffy about me going. My job killed all my hours which left we with very little money in the bank. I found a new job and trying to quit the old one. Unfortunately, the new one has me driving all over the greater Houston area which is eating into my gas money I saved for this trip until I get paid next week. My time is also going to be cut short, so if I come I am going to have to pass on making the cobbler. I'm sorry, but life is really not dealing me anything higher than two pair and the dealer is holding aces. :(

Well, Kris and reapereviltwin already know my fate from yesterday...

148606_165317720155393_100000314975405_399397_2654164_n.jpg

OMG!! What happened?

Almost here. I been cleaning the house all day. I had my renter move out of one of my spare rooms this morning so I been cleaning that section of the house. I even cut the grass in the back yard.

Plus this morning I hauled away what I didnt need from that 5.0 4x4 conversion.

Ive had a full day.

That's sounds like more work than going to work.

I washed my truck. It is the first time in 3 months.

LOL! I'm gonna stop and wash mine before heading down to Austin tomorrow.

Things have started to become iffy about me going. My job killed all my hours which left we with very little money in the bank. I found a new job and trying to quit the old one. Unfortunately, the new one has me driving all over the greater Houston area which is eating into my gas money I saved for this trip until I get paid next week. My time is also going to be cut short, so if I come I am going to have to pass on making the cobbler. I'm sorry, but life is really not dealing me anything higher than two pair and the dealer is holding aces. :(

Really hope to see you there tomorrow Dan, the coppler will just have to wait for another time, it's more important for you to be there if you can.

Well, Kris and reapereviltwin already know my fate from yesterday...

148606_165317720155393_100000314975405_399397_2654164_n.jpg

But at least you came out of it OK, even with those idiot drivers on the DFW loop.

OMG!! What happened?
I was on my way home from vacationing in Arizona. I was on I-20 in Ft. Worth. It was just before 10:30am. And the axle shaft sheared off at the axle nut. Without that, the wheel bearing comes apart. And the wheel/tire, brake rotor, and brake caliper go flying off the truck. I then skidded on the lower balljoint/steering knuckle over 3 lanes to the right shoulder. The wheel/tire came to rest behind me on the left shoulder leaned against the concrete barrier. Luckily no one hit me or my loose wheel/tire. I was making phone calls and taking a couple of pics and before I knew it, my loose wheel/tire on the other side of the freeway was gone. :mad: Someone took it!

I then arranged for a tow truck to get me off the freeway. I had probably been stuck on the freeway for over an hour before I got towed off. And no police had even stopped to help. It was very dangerous for the tow truck driver to get my Sport Trac on his truck because people weren't paying attention and getting over before passing by us. So, I had him tow me to a not so busy part of a shopping center parking lot.

I called my cousin in Hillsboro to see if she could help me get it towed to her place. She has a 1ton dually truck, but no trailer. Her dad has a trailer, but he was out of town and it was locked up. So, I proceeded to buy the parts I needed from a Napa store down the street. I was putting on a new lower ball joint when I realized that the steering knuckle was grounded down on the bottom side and that the ball joint nut was not going to hold the knuckle tight against the ball joint. :( So, I was still stuck.

But luckily I had gotten a hold of Mike(reapereviltwin) and he was able to come get me with his truck and trailer and tow me to my cousin's house. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Mike is an awesome guy!

My friend Chris from Marble Falls came and picked me up at my cousin's house yesterday afternoon. And I'm hanging out here until he can take me home. The Sport Trac will stay at my cousin's until I can get it back to Houston.

If any one needs the address please pm me and I will give you it and my contact phone #

Holy crap John! That could have been sooooooo much worse! Glad you came out of it Okay. The balls of some people! Stealing a guys tire as he is looking over damages! Unfricking believable.

Kudos to Mike for helping you out there. He didn't even bother to tell me about it....LOL!

I think it's time for a SAS in the ST though. This last week has been hell on you with that IFS.

Yea john, glad you are Ok man. That could have been a lot worse. Oh, and I just crossed the Texas line!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back