• Register Today It's free!

Spare key & remote

emas

Reaction score
City, State
Central Mass.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Limited
Need to buy a spare key and remote for my 04 Limited. My guess is that I can only get the key and have it programed at the dealer? But can is there a cheaper way to buy the remote... internet??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ebay is full of them.

Gonna get mine from e-bay, program it & have it cut. Dealer wants $75 per key. Doesn't sound like a deal

There aren't cheaper alternatives to the e bay remotes, and keys.

link above

that link has the remotes for $25....new ;)

I paid roughly that for a key, and fob from e bay with shipping.

keys

you need 2 preprogrammed keys to be able to program a new key urself otherwise you will need to get it done by the dealership and 65-75 is just for the key not programming the new key.

Mbrooks420 said:
I paid roughly that for a key, and fob from e bay with shipping.

thats great if you have 2 keys already but no good if you dont cause the procedure for doing it urself without it involves needing the truck being hooked up to computer and resetting keys......

I'm fully aware. I've done this before. If your dealer is charging 65-75 for a key then they saw you coming. I think dealer PATS keys around her are under 30.

Mbrooks420 said:
I'm fully aware. I've done this before. If your dealer is charging 65-75 for a key then they saw you coming. I think dealer PATS keys around her are under 30.

where is "around here" do tell......and i will call to verify that......lol

not sure what you are getting for $30 but maybe they saw you coming and sold you a regular key for #30....lol :confused:

You give noobs a bad name.....

daprez1963 said:
where is "around here" do tell......and i will call to verify that......lol
QUOTE]

Errrr, Erie, PA? :rolleyes:

read

This is straight from ebay sellers...this is on most of them....like I SAID BEFORE....if you have 2 keys...great, if you dont, expect to take those keys you buy for $30 down to the dealership and then pay to have the new key programmed.....obviously you jumped the gun and "thought" you knew what i was saying.......lol ya, they saw you coming....lol

"The key must be programmed to your vehicle. This is a simple process if you already have two existing working keys for the vehicle. If you don't have two keys then you will have to go to the dealer or to a locksmith with the special equipment needed to program these types of keys. This will cost you from $50-$75 to have this done.

If you already have two keys then you can program it yourself for free! Your only cost is the price of this keyblank and the cost of getting it cut. It can be cut by the dealer or a good hardware store for about $2 if you already have the blank. "

:eek:

I bought 2 brand new remotes on e-bay that I thought were mine, but were for a stock explorer. Found I need remotes for my aftermarket alarm. These remotes work fine for locking/unlocking the car, hatch release, and panic alarm... but are no good to me for my security alarm. (what good is unlocking it if it won't turn off my alarm).

Any takers?

$15.00 ea plus shipping & programming instructions

Same thing as what is on the link above.
The back of the remotes reads: 2L2T - 15K601-BA
FCC ID: CWTWB1U331 CAN: 1788 104 575

give noobs a bad name?

no, just giving the straight facts and not fool people into thinking that all they need to do is buy a key off ebay and they are set. why you found my post wrong is besided me...then you have the nerve to post this? lol.....you give stupid idiots a bad name.....lol

for the rest of you who are reading this....be informed and make your own decision. 2 keys or one...there is a difference in cost.

;)

rocco123 said:
I bought 2 brand new remotes on e-bay that I thought were mine, but were for a stock explorer. Found I need remotes for my aftermarket alarm. These remotes work fine for locking/unlocking the car, hatch release, and panic alarm... but are no good to me for my security alarm. (what good is unlocking it if it won't turn off my alarm).

Any takers?

maybe DCO will buy them....lol

this is why peoiple need to read the instructions and policies on items bought on ebay.....sorry to hear it didnt work. my point on the key was just that. to let people know all the facts before they buy and think they are getting it all.... :thumbsup:

Hey I have no problem with the guy who sold me the remotes on e-bay. Hell.. he even helped me find the correct remotes for my truck. Just isn't worth a $10 stocking fee plus shipping because I screwed up.

I just don't need these remotes.

rocco123 said:

Any takers?

I might be interested. Are they Ford OEM fob's?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back