Suggestion for tires? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Suggestion for tires?

I was looking at these two tires the Road Venture AT KL78 and the Road Venture SAT KL61
how many miles do you guys think I should go between rotations on each of these tires?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Um...I'd suggest every...what is it....every 5k-7k miles... I honestly forgot. lol :D

I bought wrangler silentarmors and man was I happy with them they have 60k on them right now and still have another 15-20k in them. Rain, snow, dry and even ok complete ice they did awesome. Also with the 265/75s I had way less body roll. If you were closer id let you bolt em up and run them so you can see the improvement with them even worn out. They are expensive but to last well over 60k miles its worth it. Maybe someone local to me can swing by and try em out to give you a second review.

Yea I'm really wanting to run some 265/75/16's but I'm not lifted yet and I'm fine with zip ties but I've heard some stories about rubbing arms and such.

P.S. not to sound overly dumb.....What load rating do our x's run?

If your going with hankooks go with atm tires our Chevy 1500 work van had the mt tires and they were shot after 40-45k miles. The van has a top speed of 55 down hill and can't do burn outs so they weren't abused. Mt tires just wear too fast for a DD in my opinion and you lose on road traction with them. Is stick with an aggressive at tire

P(passenger) rating but I had lt (light truck) rating because I like the stiffer side wall when I air down on the beach.

I can't believe no one mentioned nitto terra grapplers. i had them on my z71 tahoe, two sets actually, a set of 285's then a set of 305s. they lasted forever and look great. the guys over at z71tahoe-suburban.com love them too. everyone swears by them. they will be the next tires i get for my 02 explorer.

I have 3 options in mind....
Good Year Wrangler Silent Amror:
(Pic to come soon)
And......
Toyo Open Country A/T
opencountryat_lg.jpg

Which one do you think would be the better choice? They are about the same price, but goodyear is made in Canada and the Toyo; Japan.
I can't believe no one mentioned nitto terra grapplers. i had them on my z71 tahoe, two sets actually, a set of 285's then a set of 305s. they lasted forever and look great. the guys over at z71tahoe-suburban.com love them too. everyone swears by them. they will be the next tires i get for my 02 explorer.

EDIT:
I like the look of those nitto terra grapplers. I'll definately consider those. Thanks! :thumbsup:

^^Now that is some nice tread on that tire.^^
GoodYear Armor Trac are what I think I may go with:
0040629407249_LG.jpg

Back