Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build | Page 38 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build

Cut it at the bends push them out until they are round again weld back together and a little bondo hahahahaha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cut it at the bends push them out until they are round again weld back together and a little bondo hahahahaha
And a new front bumper
A young female new driver with insurance at the store backed into our truck when she was backing out of the parking spot
Although I was very angry I told her to leave and I'll take care of it I did not call the police only because I don't want her insurance prices to go up when she just started driving can you imagine that So far it's gonna cost me about 300 bucks

This young girl was so grateful she had crosses and Jesus bumper stickers

I’d straighten the cross member and build my own stinger portion. If you need I can turn down an insert to tap down into the tube, so you wouldn’t be butt welding tube.

I’d straighten the cross member and build my own stinger portion. If you need I can turn down an insert to tap down into the tube, so you wouldn’t be butt welding tube.
I'm just gonna buy a new bar
the brackets are fine that's what's hard too find
so I'm just gonna buy a new bar for hundred 20 bucks and a new lite bar It looks like a banana

The whole bumper was 60 bucks it's gonna be 120 for the the bull bar the light bar is gonna cost me around $120 I'll buy everything on amazon I already got the bumper it's been prepped for black paint. Got to buy that too lol

That’s not too bad. Still definitely sucks.

I wanted something in front to sacrifice before the radiator and blower snout. I also added a cheap Bullbar and it already has a couple little dents in it. That's OK, it has worked and is easily and cheaply replaced. Crumple Zone? I could build or buy much strongerior and heavierior.

Okay so out in the rain today my sons day off work
Upon removing the bumper I found the plastic inner structure cracked in a few places the only other damage was the plastic grill on the bottom of the bumper was ripped other than that nothing on the bumper
as far as the bumper brackets on the frame the inner half of the bracket drivers side was bent a little
the push bar took 95% of the hit :). Or bump really
We used a small carpenters square and the frame as a reference
2 big crescent wrenches to bend it square rechecked the rest with the 123square
Bumper bolted on we aligned it in the factory slots no problem
Which tells me nothing is bent I can't find any other damage
Ill post pictures and update when the light bar and push bar get here

Its as if it was never touched :)

Giant crescent wrenches are the best metal straighteners!!!

@donalds Glad to see that it wasn't serious damage! Honestly these Explorers have a pretty solid frame from the factory, which is more than can be said for the bumper itself. You should consider getting a crossmember for the front, between or below the bumper mounts, if you haven't already. It would be a shame for a collision to ruin such a great piece of work.

A front hitch receiver would be a good start. Just slice the tube off the middle and keep the cross bar, and it should fit behind the bumper cover. (You might need to modify or remove the little air deflector to accommodate this. Some designs clear it, others don't.)

100% fixed
Truck is dirty sorry its been raining
received_765609734974712.jpeg

Bumper gap looks uneven on top but its a optical illusion I used a tape measure

The lack of replies makes me think
I did a bad job

It looks fine to me. I was going to remark about the parking surface, ... but mine is down hill slightly and not great for jacking up the back to work on things.

So, well done, back on the road yes? :p

It looks fine to me. I was going to remark about the parking surface, ... but mine is down hill slightly and not great for jacking up the back to work on things.

Yes its perfect this bumper has less imperfections than the original and no rocks in it
See the cats footprints on the hood lol

Yes its perfect this bumper has less imperfections than the original and no rocks in it
I was lucky to find a 99

Well it actually looks great, I didn't even think of the model. My 99 that I reconstructed was for work, so I chose a 95-98 bumper to be a little easier to repair when I bounced it off of brick mailbox structures. The plastic would be toast fast, and now I don't have that problem on my current route.

My mirror and rear tail light take a beating, I've replaced those twice so far in the last two years. I've lost one front turn signal lens and that tail light once each, by coworkers; I just come out and see some random crack in them, or a ding or rub on the left side someplace. Sorry to rant, I just found the front turn signal cracked last week and am thinking of the many parts I need from a junkyard now.

The lack of replies makes me think
I did a bad job
I think you did a fine job but, TBH, I am most impressed with what you have done under the hood. ;)

looks like nothing ever happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well done good job I would buy it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back