Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build | Page 37 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build

New pulley came in today from the great white north
Fast to if you ask me

received_1269169950605227.jpeg

received_630880771846192.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@donalds Lookin' good there! You'd be surprised how many people completely ignore all of their pulleys, just let 'em tear to shreds.

Looks like a quality piece of hardware.

Update..
I figured it out
This was a pulley alignment issue
I'm surprised that I never noticed this before
I used a laser pointer and Straight edge Ruler
After a long time with the laser pointer and a straight edge we were able to see the pulley was off by about 3⁄16 "
1 1⁄2 belt ribs
So After a few days of trying to figure out what to do we decided to remove some material from the pulley adapter so it can slide on to The blower Snout shaft
More
We're not sure where this problem is coming from
I've been in contact with the moddbox guy he's curious is to what the problem was is well He told me that it's very rare for this to happen
so it has happened in the past it's not big deal though we got her
So the $150 lesson is check your pulley alignment lol

Excellent diligence.

Okay so she is having trouble getting power to the ground
I installed some new shocks all the way around
Polyurethane bushings where installed on all the shocks

Truck drives great really puts the power down less axle spring twist
I really like the shocks especially the front ones they really change the way this trucks drives

Anyway thought I'd post

The 5.0 explorers had traction bars on the rear axle hint hint
Nice to have traction issues lol

The 5.0 explorers had traction bars on the rear axle hint hint
Nice to have traction issues lol
I couldn't find them at the junkyard
And I would have to weld the bracket on the rear axle I think
These seem to do a great job
Perhaps do you have any pictures some advice on how to get started ? :)

I think the easiest way is to carefully cut the OEM brackets from a V8 truck, and then get them welded onto your rear. The front you can bolt on readily with the OEM bolts.

Just did struts and shocks on my lady's Ford Edge at 150k, ha, she thinks I am great, but really, I let them go too long.

Axle tabs are cheap to buy new, then take the rest from a 5.0, well, if it is having axle wrap?

if it is having axle wrap?
Not anymore
I was Skeptical to until I put a camera you could see the leaf spring turn into a S lol

Your truck has great power down low, I'm sure that's a blast anywhere. Do you ever launch with it in actual 4WD, instead of the A4WD? The automatic setting should produce a small feeling of tire spin for a moment before it grabs the front drive shaft.

I had that feeling with my stock 99 every day while delivering mail. With the right tires on dirt or grass, or packed gravel, typical ground where mail boxes are placed, I always made the right rear tire turn just a little as I left each box. With A4WD it was very brief, but it did take some dirt or material with the rear tire most of the time. I tried to be easy with the gas, but it's hard to for hundreds of times per day. With my AWD 302 truck, I have to mash it hard to make it turn both the right front tire and rear tire, and both have to be on loose ground. The AWD is definitely superior to automatic 4WD at the very start. As the power goes up, there will be more tire spin, and the open diff in front you hope becomes an issue(too much power, need more traction and/or a torque sensing diff). ;)

Your truck has great power down low, I'm sure that's a blast anywhere. Do you ever launch with it in actual 4WD, instead of the A4WD? The automatic setting should produce a small feeling of tire spin for a moment before it grabs the front drive shaft.

I had that feeling with my stock 99 every day while delivering mail. With the right tires on dirt or grass, or packed gravel, typical ground where mail boxes are placed, I always made the right rear tire turn just a little as I left each box. With A4WD it was very brief, but it did take some dirt or material with the rear tire most of the time. I tried to be easy with the gas, but it's hard to for hundreds of times per day. With my AWD 302 truck, I have to mash it hard to make it turn both the right front tire and rear tire, and both have to be on loose ground. The AWD is definitely superior to automatic 4WD at the very start. As the power goes up, there will be more tire spin, and the open diff in front you hope becomes an issue(too much power, need more traction and/or a torque sensing diff). ;)
Its 2wd LSD 3.73 gears :) hehe
It breaks the tires loose pretty easy
What was happening was at stop sign red light ect..
It would jerk your head back every time
Sometimes a tire Chirp

Lot more comfortable now
Smooth take offs now
don't get me wrong she can still leave two black stripes no problem
Truck stays flat now :)

What I posted in my last post, you need more power, ... plus some more traction. More money, what's the problem? Enjoy that truck as much as you and your wife can, it is great as is no doubt.

@donalds RS5000X for the win, man! I had the hydraulic RS5000's on my Sport and they were lousy (somehow managed to bend one, don't ask) but went to RS5000X's on my Durango, and it's a blast to drive it every time. When it's time to do the Limited, I'm going RS5000X again. Gas shock absorbers are the only way to play. Good choice!

Self adjusting 5000 series a lot like the Monroe shock in same price range. Kyb also makes a good shock like this for us. I have been using skyjacker black max shocks and the rancho 5000 series on most builds they perform well and hold up!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dam....
Does anybody know how to bufff this out
IMG_20230405_162535.jpg

Back