Taskers Gap/Peters Mill (Virginia) Run | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Taskers Gap/Peters Mill (Virginia) Run

WhitEngineering, I plan on meeting up w/ Unclemeat in the west end of Richmond. We plan on meeting around 6-7 A.M. So if you're driving from Windsor you should plan on leaving really early so you can meet up w/ us, a Explorer convoy would be sweat :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Xplorer92 said:
WhitEngineering, I plan on meeting up w/ Unclemeat in the west end of Richmond. We plan on meeting around 6-7 A.M. So if you're driving from Windsor you should plan on leaving really early so you can meet up w/ us, a Explorer convoy would be sweat :D

I'll have to leave here around 4:30-5:30 :eek: Whereabout in Richmond are you meeting? The circuit city like last time? What route are ya'll planning on taking?

Time

what time at Circuit City?

920-279-6644

We will be preped for camping.

my cell is 703 795 6791, boomin cant make it this weekend, ive updated the list, looks like were gonna have a good turnout and have a blast, i can almost garuntee there will be snow as it snowed about 1/2 here tonight but theres supposed to be a big storm in the valley this weekend i heard

Lets meet at Circut City At 6:30. I was planning on 64 west to 522 north to Sperryville, 211 (I think) to Lurry, then State Route 675 up to the trail head. We should be able to get to the trail head around 9:30.

I have not been to this part of the forest either so everything is an estimate.

I have not heard from Josh.

Sorry guys I forgot to subscribe to this post. I will try and talk to the wife to see if she wants to go. If we do we will day trip this time. Also, I'm a little worried about the reliability of my truck. Week before last My crank pulley bolt sheered off and the pulley fell out. That sucked. Also, I am on call over the weekend. Since our cel phones dont work up there I will try and find someone to take my duty for the day. If not, I am SOL.

Josh - I've honestly never paid attention to cell phones on the trail so I'm not positive about them. I do know there is very little reception in the valley itself but the trail is near the ridgeline. Beepers tend to work better

Yea I've been up there before. The last time there was not a lot of reception.

Well its a no go for me. I hope you guys have fun. I will be ready for the next run.

Well, I won't be able to make it after all. In the process of checking an oil leak in the rear diff, I uncovered some issues that I couldn't fix tonight.

Hope you all have a good trip - should be decent weather. Let me know if anyone sees this tonight, otherwise I'll call someone in the morning - don't want you waiting at the trail head for me.

me and my friend will see yall at 930 at the trail, i welded in a front hitch in case i get stuck as well as hook ed up a borrowed CB tonight. my handheld got sent out a little late itll probibly show up at 900 tomarrow morn. but make sure yall have lunch packed too there arent many places to eat along the trail, i have everybodys number except for xplorer92s and matts, if he comes.

We will see you at the parking lot.

I'm not gonna make it.. went to pick up my buddy at 5 and he wasn't even awake. Decided to stay and help my brother out. If someone in Richmond gets this, let me know. I'll give ya'll a call by 6:30 if not.

Well lets hear it and where are we going next? How was it?

we had a great time beautiful weather, awesome viewsd, trails were pretty easy, passable with a stock vehicle, we managed to get both trails done, def. would have been alot better if there was a bout 6in of snow, maybe we can do an early january runbefore they close the trails.

I would like to find some trails that are challenging for both stock and modified. Since I have to drive 3 to 4 hours, I want to make it worth the trip. The only trails I don't like are the ones that don't allow for mistakes. I don't care for the whole firey death thing. Below is a good example of a great trail I will never go on. If your truck needs a parachute it to much for me.

We did the Peters Mill trail from the parking lot at Route 675. It was a decent trail with a steep and bumpy climb. The decent was very similar. The end of the trail was on a paved road Route 678 I believe.

The second trail was the Edenburg Gap Trail. It was a steep bimpy climb to a dead end.

Both trails were challenging for stock, passable with a LSD. I was in my Level II Ranger and no trouble. My buddy Spikes X is a 99 on 31 x-terrains. His son was driving first time offroading a 4x4 and he had no trouble. he trails were dry and free of ice. The difficulty of the trails would increase if water were added. Trails were wide and forgiving in dry conditions.

There tons of ATVs but they have so manny other trails that they were not a problem. There also had toilets (priveys) at the camp ground.

unclemeat said:
The second trail was the Edenburg Gap Trail. It was a steep bimpy climb to a dead end.

actually it was taskers gap trail, the edinburg gap trail is parralel to it but is a difficult atv trail.

Yea I've run the Edenburg gap trail on my dirtbike. That sucked! Walked away with a serious case of monkey butt :eek: Well whats next? I guess camping is not a good idea this time of year? I just noticed today that my driver side is an inch and a quarter lower than the passenger side. I pulled the spring out and removed that plastic seat then took the metal seat that covers the bolt and cut the end off with the sawsall and put it back on upside down. That took away about 60% of the road noise I had not to mention maybe the driver side tire will ware like it supposed to.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good run guys. I say the very next weekend we get snow up there we should just drop whatever we are doing cancel everything (with the exception of Christmas/emergen./If your in the dog house, of course) and head back up there. The snow, I would imagine, would make it much more interesting for a modified truck, I don't think a stocker would do very well in the snow up there, atleast not without the right tires and all.

Back