Boomin's getting a sex change | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Boomin's getting a sex change

Boomin's getting a sex change *PICS*

Haha guy well here we go. This weekend I will take the last pics of the truck lowered. I have decided that it is the best for me to lift my truck for 2 reasons. 1 is that it will slow me down some hopefully and 2 is that noone really has done what I am doing to a mountaineer. What my plans are:

Suspention:
-3'' lift spindles
-3'' TT by flipping and rotating the adjuster w/stock bolts
-SOA in rear possibly with shackles

Body:
-3'' body
-3'' Fiberglass fenders

Tires:
-15x10 wheels
-35x12.50 Mt's

I will be posting pics of the progress. This monday/tuesday I am doing the TT and SOA with monoleafs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice I will be doing the body lift next weekend.. started house shopping this weekend YEAH!!!!

are those the 35's???

that one picture of close up on rear. are those 35's with no body lift???
yoyu have alot of room between the tire and body!!! that is just with the spring over axle???
i fugured i get about the same as that with my 4 add a leafs 2 each side and long shackles...

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

boominXplorer said:
12558KIF_0067-med.jpg

12558KIF_0068-med.jpg

12558KIF_0061-med.jpg

12558KIF_0062-med.jpg

12558KIF_0071-med.jpg

no garage to work in wow... how can you do that...

i have a garage, its just single and thats where the bike is and all my tools and tires. So no room for truck. That is SOA with about 1'' of sag because of the sub box. I need a new brake line for the rear, tortion bar key pads, new adjuster bolts and spindles to finish my project.

i figured the 33's are good enough for me with having over 160000 on the engine and tranny.. plus it is my daily driver. do not want to go too insane...

also soon i will have to get taller garage door to fit mine into ... now it won;t fit I was toying with the idea of removing the roof rack..to fit it back in

boominXplorer said:
i have a garage, its just single and thats where the bike is and all my tools and tires. So no room for truck. That is SOA with about 1'' of sag because of the sub box. I need a new brake line for the rear, tortion bar key pads, new adjuster bolts and spindles to finish my project.

You don't need a new cable. You can mod the stock e-brake bracket that connects the cables in front of the rear tire. There is a rod that is bent to connect the 2 brackets that hold the cables. I used a hefty nail with head cut off that was about 3" longer than the stock rod, bent it in the same shape and put it in. I can take a pic if you want.

yeah let me get a pic of that. I was talking about the hard brake line for the calipers, I cracked it not paying attention

Ah, I see. Have you checked you e-brake line for play? You may not need the extension.

Boomin, your Mounty is looking really good. I honestly can't believe that those are 35s. They look more like 33s because of all of the room. Looks really good so far. :thumbsup:

j602 said:
Ah, I see. Have you checked you e-brake line for play? You may not need the extension.

Havent got that far yet. On the 2nd when I get paid, I am getting glass for the front. If my paycheck is good enough I might order rear glass ;). I am going to put shackles on it, as of now at flex she will rub with quickness.

Ok, with shackles, you'll probably need to mod/buy a new ebrake cable. You shouldn't really need glass in the rear and honestly, I hate the way rear glass looks.

boominXplorer said:
pro comp and fabtech carry spindles for us. about 600$ for the kit.
so rcd, superlift and trailmaster are the only companies that make 4x4 kits for our X's and none of them just sell the front suspension it looks like :(

I found the RCD suspension for pretty cheap ~$2,300, I'm use to seeing it go for $2,600 or more: http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/fd4_Rgr98+.htm

r37ribution said:
so rcd, superlift and trailmaster are the only companies that make 4x4 kits for our X's and none of them just sell the front suspension it looks like :(

I found the RCD suspension for pretty cheap ~$2,300, I'm use to seeing it go for $2,600 or more: http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/fd4_Rgr98+.htm

u missed out i just sold my RCD kit for 1000 bucks

this is turning out to be a awesome project, im really intrested in how this will turn out

I dont know, alot of the desert guys are building custom upper and lower A arm suspensions, mostly 2wd but I thought Camburg had a kit for the Ranger that would work?
I have not gotten into my IFS truck yet, its the next project.....I might even convert it to 2wd

yeah camburg has the ranger kit. Basically all it is is a dual shock kit with uni-ball upper control arm and 3'' spindles.

If I plan on going solid I am doing coil springs. If I stay 2wd I am getting coil-overs

Update:
Spindles will be here June 6th from UPS
I also picked up a 3'' PA body lift.

Now, I am debating if I should buy Perry's fenders or spend 400$ on something else?

did you buy just the spindals or did you purchase the whole kit..

i am planning on doing the body lift on mine this weekend
and also my 2002 needs brakes done... need to change them before i have to turn th e rotors also...
but this whole house hunting thing is making me crazy already...
looked at 2 dozen houses already and i am already tired of it..

I got the whole kit

Just Watch The Shocks Cause On My Kit They Were Barely And I Mean Barely Long Enough Totally Extended..

Back