Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
We are planning on going to TDS this year and camping up on the mesa off S-22, or the new one we found off SR-86, one exit north of Marina Drive. I am going with my buddy Mike and some of his friends. We should be arriving Wednesday or Thursday afternoon. A few good things about camping up on the new mesa would be its closer to the new TDS vendor area, and you could walk over with lawn chairs and sit above the idiots driving around in circles in the ditches at night. Bad thing is the trail up is not the best for RV's. Steep and narrow. I am concerned the only reason it was easy in January was it had rained for several days and packed it down.

http://www.tds4x4.com/54th-annual-desert-safari/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I won't be able to make it. I have to save up for the summer trip.

I checked the website. I had forgotten that not only does TDS share the same birthday weekend as I do, it is the same age as I am. I should plan on getting out there to celebrate my 55th next year.

Not this year. I just spent my tax return and a bonus on a " 2nd home" :D Now have to save some, plus I need mod money ;)

Not this year. I just spent my tax return and a bonus on a " 2nd home" :D Now have to save some, plus I need mod money ;)

Funny you called it a 2nd home. Did you know you can write it off if it has a sink, stove and toilet, as a second home?

Funny you called it a 2nd home. Did you know you can write it off if it has a sink, stove and toilet, as a second home?

I know, except I'm paying cash for it, so there is no interest to deduct. Besides it has all that, and A/C, a Micro, solar panel and a generator.:D

So you folks are going to force me to hang out with a bunch of Jeepers....:thumbdwn:

So you folks are going to force me to hang out with a bunch of Jeepers....:thumbdwn:

Welcome to my World. I'm trying to convert them one jeep at a time..:D

Thinking about it!

You going to come out and save me? Maybe drink that rum you left with me for safe keeping?

You going to come out and save me? Maybe drink that rum you left with me for safe keeping?

..If I can afford to and it's not looking good..:scratch:

..I will be in Arizona the Week before for a Rock Crawling and Las Vegas for a week after for the Mint 400..If I show up at TDS I might get put to work but if Steve shows up with a second home I might just have to land there for the weekend.:)

..I know Zukman posted yesterday and it's gone...

...and Rick posted early this morning and it's gone...

..Are the post just disappearing? I remember the old days and we got the notification in our email with full text but now I just notifications, run to the thread and there is nothing there..:(

I deleted my own post. Zukman probably did the same.

..Well that's no fun..:rolleyes:

..Oddly, your post this morning went to spam...I think Hotmail does that like every six months to test me..:D

My buddy Mike and I should be there around noon Wednesday. We are going to try the Mesa off S-86, one exit North of Marina Drive first. If it looks too sketchy to get the RV's up, or a bunch of other people have the same idea, we will head over to the Mesa off S-22. I will post as soon as we are camped, even though it looks like no one from the board is coming.

Sorry dude. I'm going somewhere this weekend, just don't know where yet. I just know it's not Truckhaven. I figured our first camper trip should be without dragging a trailer behind us.

Still thinking about it. Gas tanks on motorhome and explorer are full hooked up waiting

Upload pics so I can sit home and drool on my computer ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am out here solo. My buddy Mike's tow bar broke. Since he was 1/8 mile from his house, I came on out. He was planning on driving out after repair, replacing tow bar. Of course, neither happened. He might wait until morning.

ForumRunner_20160302_164746.jpg

There is no one up on Explorer Forum Mesa except me. Picked the best spot, coned off a area large enough for everyone, and am cooking late lunch/ early dinner. It's hot, 84*.

Back