• Register Today It's free!

throttle body spacers

00MTEDDIE

Reaction score
City, State
Bozeman, MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 EDDIE
does someone make a throttle body spacer for the 5.0 v8?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea bbk is very popular look in some mustang mags or forums cause there is tons of stuff for the 5.0 but its mostly listed for the stangs

ive never been able to figure out how a throttle body spacer would improve power unless it was on a motor sporting a carb or two.

Yea I wouldn't pay the kinda money these company's sell them for. But I have a friend who mills billit all day on a cnc so mine was free. And I agree most of the gain you feel is the spacer taking up the slack out of the cable.

They're designed to lighten your wallet.

Only thing similar to this that I have bought, was a VIAS delete plate when i got my Fujita CAI for my Nissan Altima. The VIAS delete plate helped low end torque, the air intake was mainly for the noise, though I was getting almost 30 mpg average with the VQ35. I totaled it before i could order my headers and exhaust.
I was gonna order intake manifold spacers if i ever ordered the upper intake manifold i wanted, but that was only to blow money and see if it actually was helpful.

Back