• Register Today It's free!

Towable?

Rob_EddieB

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Rapids, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Eddie Bauer
I was wandering if someone could tell me if my 2007 Eddie Bauer is towable behind an RV. Any help?:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd check the owners manual. They usually give you info on how far you can tow with your particular setup.

have the dealer install a neutral tow kit it lets you put you transfer case into neutral unless you have awd then you have to use a trailer

If you have the standard 4WD version (4W high, 4W low and Auto 4W switches on dash) you are 4-down towable with a dealer-installed neutral tow kit. I have towed both a 2004 EX and now my 2008 EX behind my motorhome with no problem.

FYI, I use a Blue Ox baseplate and tow bar and the Air Force One porportional braking system by SMI.

That is great news! I never thought to check it out before I dropped the $ for the explorer. We're hoping to purchase an rv by next spring.

1996 Explorer xlt as a toad

My first post, so hope I follow all the right protocols---I just could not resist this posting as it hits on my particular concern.

Purchased a 2006 Tioga 29V and now am looking into a toad or no toad.

Have looked at purchase of a used Suzuki, but one person suggested starting out with what you already own.

I do have a 96 Explorer with automatic transmission. The owners manual seems to indicate 50 mile tow range with the added Ford installed parts.

What year do you have Kirby and do you have the same travel restricitions. Also, can you give us a ball park on the total cost?

Thanks,

Pete

Back