Transmission problems on a 97 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission problems on a 97

Reaction score
i own a 97 Explorer Sport with the 4.0 DOHC v6. I have been hearing a high pitched screaching noise when i accelorate, sometimes it goes away. it also has been upshifting and down shiffting rufly. My dad and neighbors think it my be my transmission going, has any one else had this kind of problem? my car only has 40,000 miles on it!

------------------
Red'97 Sport Loaded,
4x4,SOHC,Warrior Twist and Shackles 2inch lift,
BFG Mud Terrain LT265/75R16/D's, Chrome SmittyBuilt Outland Brushguard and Tail light Guards, PIAA 520 Fogs,PIAA 959 Fogs,
K&N, Flowmaster
Panasonic Cd player,Planet Audio DVC 10inch SUB, Planet Audio 600 watt amp,MA Audio 1.o Farand Capacitor, 4 Gauge Lightning Audio Wires Throughout,
Virtual Technologies Box,CB, PA

Planet Audio Seperates in all 4 corners on the way!

I think I've seen you on the road here in Ga on roswell road. Why don't you have an email address. I don't have an answer to your question but would like to hear more about your offroading places. How much did your planet audio amp cost I just blew mine out, and am looking for a new one.

hey my email is mfduggan@msn.com
my planet audio amp was $170 with the trade in of my crossfire amp. I got it at Absolute Audio. It may look a little ghetto but the guys there are great and they can do almost anything. and if anything breaks they replace it. I bles 2 subs before i got my new amp and they replaced them for free.

Back