Suggestions for a 96 Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Suggestions for a 96 Ford Explorer

halfpint101604

Reaction score
City, State
Houston Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 96 XLT
I have a 96 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition. I'm looking for suggestions on making it look better in general.
Outside: Green with tan front bumper and bottom sides.
Inside: Brown Leather seats brown carpet.
Music:after market Alpine head unit, two 12" Kenwoods

RyanzCar001.jpg

RyanzCar002.jpg

RyanzCar003.jpg

RyanzCar004.jpg

RyanzCar005.jpg

RyanzCar006.jpg

RyanzCar007.jpg

wind shield wipers(previously)
RyanzCar008.jpg

(After)
RyanzCar009.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lowering your wiper arms. It sounds stupid, but made a world of difference for mine. Does approximately this:
wipercopy.jpg

to
wiper.jpg

Other than that, tint looks nice. Perhaps removing orange reflector in the headlight.

Be sure to let us know what you end up doing, and show pictures! (We like pictures):D

i would say an exhaust like dual 40 series flowmasters cause I got dual 40 series flowmasters on my 01 sport. Also put like HIDs or brush guard or clear lenses and etc on it but keep up the good work on it.

i got a 1996 xplorer xlt
16 inch pro comp lift kits, 4 inch body lift, straight axle swap, on 54's ####ing huge but she crawls through mud.

i used to have an all stock explorer and when i put my new tire and wheel pakage it really made it look alot better
(bfg AT 31" and Unique 15" wheels)
another thing that i would suggest is grille guard it really made mine look alot better but it really depends on what your getting at with your X if your aiming at off roady type of look or a street look

i got a 1996 xplorer xlt
16 inch pro comp lift kits, 4 inch body lift, straight axle swap, on 54's ####ing huge but she crawls through mud.

not trying to hijack the thread or anything but i wanna see some pictures of that bad boy. sounds pretty big

i ditto this request...

not trying to hijack the thread or anything but i wanna see some pictures of that bad boy. sounds pretty big
and charlie... how do you lower the wiper arms.. cuz ive wanted to do that since day one.. they are in my way

Donner, it looks beautiful, Where did you have it done and how much?
Charlie i also don't know how to lower the blades.
good call on the orange and ill get those pics up tomorrow :)

To lower the wiper arms:
1: Lift up the arm
2: There is a small tab at the base. Slide that out
3: Pull base straight off post
4: Put base back on post, but lower. You will be able to lower it a little bit
5: Push in tab, and put wiper back down.

ahh!!!! you know i think i actually may have raised one arm by accident while replacing blades one time.. i took the arm off an then i noticed a few days later it looked a little higher than usual and then the pass side arm.. it all makes sence now!! :notworthy

ok, got the pictures up..

thats a clean truck. First thing I'd do is change up the wheels. I've never been a huge fan of those stock wheels and I think it makes a world of a difference to have some straight-spoked wheels

Get the front windows tinted to match the rear. looks like a whole new truck that way.

Back