Truxxx lift kit? | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truxxx lift kit?

Wow!! Looking forward to seeing that setup!

Paul for me, I'm very happy with the truxxx-rancho QL combination (the Rancho QL Struts are longer with 1"+ travel) which gives me more wheel articulation, and the ride is superior.

Brandon will make me next month a bolt on kit of 4 coil-over struts with the following specifications:
  • 5" travel
  • 2.5" diameter strut
  • adjustable height (3"-5" lift) and stiffness
  • with an internal bypass valve
  • with remote reservoir

the price for the kit is about $2000+ USD (the final price will be determined after finish)

regarding the arms, when brandon shipped the arms he used regular USPS service without tracking number and USPS lost my shipment.

now he made me a new set and will be shipped by UPS ground with a tracking number.

I'm still waiting for the new arms to be installed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey guys i allingned my tires and it is much better now thanks

funny how things go. I always seem to lose thigns when usps does not have a tracking number. I have probably shipped over 100 items and those without tracking numbers are probably 60% more likely to be ,lost. I think they do it on purpose. But o well. But 5"s of lift... hmmmmm that seems more up my alley. That 5"s plus the truxxx with the control arms. Damn we could have some serious looking and performing 4th gens. Too bad you beat me to it. Or else i would say lets race....lol keep us updated buddy, dying to know what it all looks like.

funny how things go. I always seem to lose thigns when usps does not have a tracking number. I have probably shipped over 100 items and those without tracking numbers are probably 60% more likely to be ,lost. I think they do it on purpose. But o well. But 5"s of lift... hmmmmm that seems more up my alley. That 5"s plus the truxxx with the control arms. Damn we could have some serious looking and performing 4th gens. Too bad you beat me to it. Or else i would say lets race....lol keep us updated buddy, dying to know what it all looks like.

I think the new coilovers remove the need for the Truxx spacers since you can adjust ride height and spring preload on them. I believe that adding spacers would just bring back the same problems that the coilovers would solve.

I think the new coilovers remove the need for the Truxx spacers since you can adjust ride height and spring preload on them. I believe that adding spacers would just bring back the same problems that the coilovers would solve.

you are absolutely right James

What about the CV's going through the frame? I'd think 3" lift + 5" travel would cause issues with the CVs hitting bottom of the frame hole.

Good luck and I can't wait to see it.

What about the CV's going through the frame? I'd think 3" lift + 5" travel would cause issues with the CVs hitting bottom of the frame hole.

I already have a 4"+ travel with the rancho ql struts, and when the rear wheel is air borned, it is like having 3" lift (becuase of the Truxxx and rancho combination) and with this setup I don't have any problem.

Worst case senario there will be allways tie strap.

Depends on how he sets up the coilovers. Ride height and spring preload can be set independently on those from what I understand. With the right combination of those he should be able to get a nice amount of lift and still avoid CV to frame contact at full droop.

And there's always limiting straps as the Electrician said

Hey guys so on truxxx website what product lift would I be buying for a 2002 ford explorer? The 2006?

No it wouldn't fit if you wanna see what fits go to autoanything.com put In year model make and you can see the different lifts that fit your ex

Hey guys so on truxxx website what product lift would I be buying for a 2002 ford explorer? The 2006?

Just go to BTF Fabrication and check out products. They make these type of spacers that are a direct fit for the 2002-2005 explorers:

http://www.btf-fab.com/

I have the Truxxx in my 2002. The ONLY way it will work is if you take all the spacers and rotate one of the mounts 180 degrees so the bolt holes line up straight. I had to cut the welds with a grinder than have my friend weld them back together. It's much easier to just get BTF spacers in the first place.

explorer11_zps714171f5.jpg
my ex

explorer10_zpsa1066d1e.jpg

kinda new here, just got an 06 explorer same color as yours. so all you have is the truxxx spacers and bigger tires on stock rims? are there any rubbing issues when turning? this is the look im going for. not to big or small. thanks.

Back