Truxxx lift kit? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truxxx lift kit?

I just installed my Truxxx lift in about 3 hours. I ordered it here: http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/truxxx/index.jsp And $20 for 2 day shipping to AK. I like the lift so far and it is needed since I hydrolocked my X in less than 2 feet of water this weekend! I would be cautious about going any bigger than the truxxx lift. The stress on the ball joints and cv's is already bad.

Did you install it yourself??? How did you do it??... do you need to compress the strut or it's just bolt on the strut's top bolt??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you install it yourself??? How did you do it??... do you need to compress the strut or it's just bolt on the strut's top bolt??

The lift is just a bolt on. The car looks much more aggresive with the lift. The shocks have to be reved and the spacer to be fixed in the exisiting shockes and the bolted back on to the car.

By the way truckeo is offering free shipping to almost anywhere in teh world. I live in Dubai and the kit was shipped free.
Here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.truckeo.com/products/2006%2d2009-Ford-Explorer-and-Ford-Sport-Trac-Lift-Kit.html

The lift is just a bolt on. The car looks much more aggresive with the lift. The shocks have to be reved and the spacer to be fixed in the exisiting shockes and the bolted back on to the car.

By the way truckeo is offering free shipping to almost anywhere in the world. I live in Dubai and the kit was shipped free.
Here is the link if anyone is interested.

What do you mean reved?

Thank you!

Hey guys sorry I haven't been in here in a while.
I installed the kit myself, it took about 4 hours.
It was easy, no disassembly of the strut just remove the strut then bolt the spacer to the top and reinstall. The truxxx kit was put together very well.
I even re-alligned the front myself and it drives good.
I love the look, too.

Hey guys sorry I haven't been in here in a while.
I installed the kit myself, it took about 4 hours.
It was easy, no disassembly of the strut just remove the strut then bolt the spacer to the top and reinstall. The truxxx kit was put together very well.
I even re-alligned the front myself and it drives good.
I love the look, too.

got any pix? and do you consider yourself mechanically inclined? I mean i can do brakes and stuff...even did my radiator...could i do this easily?

got any pix? and do you consider yourself mechanically inclined? I mean i can do brakes and stuff...even did my radiator...could i do this easily?

I will try to get some pics up. But I would consider myself mechanicaly inclined but honestly its not hard. If you did a radiator you can do this. With the right tools it will not be bad at all. But another little bit of info... I ended up getting wheel spacers because with any lift like this your wheels will come in when the suspension goes up.

I will try to get some pics up. But I would consider myself mechanicaly inclined but honestly its not hard. If you did a radiator you can do this. With the right tools it will not be bad at all. But another little bit of info... I ended up getting wheel spacers because with any lift like this your wheels will come in when the suspension goes up.

oo good point

do you have a list of tools or something that you used. Just so I can check the garage and make sure everythings down there before I start on the project. And is it just as simple as u said? Unbolt the strut, pop the spacer on and rebolt....do you need to compress the spring or anything? Front harder than back? or vice versa?

oo good point

do you have a list of tools or something that you used. Just so I can check the garage and make sure everythings down there before I start on the project. And is it just as simple as u said? Unbolt the strut, pop the spacer on and rebolt....do you need to compress the spring or anything? Front harder than back? or vice versa?

Sorry, I don't remember exact tool sizes. The wif is driving it now so I cant even look.

No spring compressing, thankfully! The spacer just bolts to the top of your stock mount.

Have your basic metric wrenches and sockets from 8mm-19mm.

I think there were a couple larger nuts and bolts on the pivot points and ball joints.

Probably want a breaker bar or a nice 1/2 drive ratchet as well.

Obvisouly, a jack and some jackstands.

Oh, I think the back was a hair harder for me but really both were easy.

Sorry, I don't remember exact tool sizes. The wif is driving it now so I cant even look.

No spring compressing, thankfully! The spacer just bolts to the top of your stock mount.

Have your basic metric wrenches and sockets from 8mm-19mm.

I think there were a couple larger nuts and bolts on the pivot points and ball joints.

Probably want a breaker bar or a nice 1/2 drive ratchet as well.

Obvisouly, a jack and some jackstands.

Oh, I think the back was a hair harder for me but really both were easy.

So they bolt on the top of the stock mount? So the top of the spring? Is that hard to get to?

Sorry for the stupid questions, just want to be sure I can do this before I tear about my exploder.

So they bolt on the top of the stock mount? So the top of the spring? Is that hard to get to?

Sorry for the stupid questions, just want to be sure I can do this before I tear about my exploder.

Haha I'm about to give you my cell. Yep, they just bolt to the top of the strut mount, not exactly the top of the spring but close. There is just 3 studs that go into the subframe. It comes with good instructions I thought.

Haha I'm about to give you my cell. Yep, they just bolt to the top of the strut mount, not exactly the top of the spring but close. There is just 3 studs that go into the subframe. It comes with good instructions I thought.

doesnt sound too bad at all.

I think ill probably order it once I get this dang EVAP canister swapped out on mine...87,000 and I cant fill up with gas. hah

Hey guys! I justy bought the truxxx lift kit... There seems to be no difference between the height of the front and back spacer... did you received the same thing I did??

Hey guys! I justy bought the truxxx lift kit... There seems to be no difference between the height of the front and back spacer... did you received the same thing I did??

hmmm.... I woulda got roadbully's.... can you take pics???

hmmm.... I woulda got roadbully's.... can you take pics???

:rolleyes: :thumbdwn:

Well, this post is about TRUXXX spacers, which are better quality. They are angled to help eliminate the f'd up camber issues Roadbully's spacers give your upper control arms, they are easier to install. Also, unlike Roadbully, stands behind their product with a full LIFETIME WARRANTY. They also include ACTUAL INSTRUCTIONS including alignment adjustments. I sold my Roadbully spacers and will be purchasing the Truxxx spacers for mine in the near future.

:rolleyes: :thumbdwn:

Well, this post is about TRUXXX spacers, which are better quality. They are angled to help eliminate the f'd up camber issues Roadbully's spacers give your upper control arms, they are easier to install. Also, unlike Roadbully, stands behind their product with a full LIFETIME WARRANTY. They also include ACTUAL INSTRUCTIONS including alignment adjustments. I sold my Roadbully spacers and will be purchasing the Truxxx spacers for mine in the near future.

Post 9 of this thread! LOL guess what you wrote it HAHA, you sir made my day!:thumbsup::rolleyes:

...but you can get a BIGGER lift (up to 3" front, 2.5 rear) from ROADBULLY-OFFROAD.com... FOR LESS MONEY!

that was before actually owning the Roadbully spacers and being dissatisfied. And bigger is not always better. We all learned that with the issues people had with his spacers being over 2" tall...

Stay on topic - stick to forum rules.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back