v8 gas mileage Increase finally | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

v8 gas mileage Increase finally

I do have the Flowmaster 70 series muffler with the third cat removed and 2.5" exhaust exited in stock fashion. I love the way it sounds, louder than stock with the Flowmaster tone and no drone.

My next mod will be a CAI, but I recently have picked a new hobby and it's stealing my mod money!!! So lowering and all that will be a short while later.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

huh.

my 02 V8 got about 16-18mpg highway, then i replaced the fuel filter and now get 17-18mpg highway (have gotten 20mpg but that was 150mi going down hill 2000ft in elevation). no mods.

wonder what will happen when i get or mod an intake and 2.5" exhaust?

Intake + Exhaust = MPG + HP/TQ :D

I do 95% of my driving in stop an go traffic. I do most of my driving within a 10 mile radius of my house. ( very populated suburb of South Philadelphia ). Speed limits in my general area dont exceed 45 mph

completely stock I was averaging about 200-210 miles per tank, with the way I drive. Since the Airbox Mod, and Magnaflow Muffler I had installed. I am now averaging 230-240 miles to every tank. Im getting about 12-13 mpg currently.

I do want to finish the exhaust with 2.5'' pipe running from the end of the Y-pipe back. Then flush my trans fluid with fully synthetic ATF. I hope at that point I will be in or close to the 260-270 mile per tank ball park, for my local driving area.

I've been able to almos to get 22 MPG on long Highway trips, with only K&N intake and exhaust.

When i had my 03 V6. I had a K&N Intake + FM 40 CBE, and I use to be able to get like 15-16 city, and like 22-24 hwy...

I really need to get my exhaust done, cause im averaging like 13 city on my current 05. thats with the airbox mod, and magnaflow muffler.

but thats what i get for basically doing most of my driving in a 10 mile radius of my house in stop and go traffic all day...

On that airbox mod, anyone know exactly how much mpg that improves?
My V6 X, does horrible, but thats because it gets around 5mpg going uphill, and thats for about 1.5miles, several times everyday....

maybe 1 to 2 if ur lucky

Little update driving around town i now get like 17.5, 17.6
IMG_1392.jpg

and then drove to mall yesterday and got about 20
IMG_1384.jpg

pretty good for a quick hwy trip, on long trip i get about 22 23 hwy :)

Back