What did you X come with Stock?

Xplodor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Riverside, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 XLT 4x4
I looked up my axle code last night and I found out I have 4.10s with a LS in the rear!!!:eek: (I haven't done my gears yet) I also have the B rated T-Bars. I was really amazed, Ford ROCKS!:D I'm just happy I got the 2001 and not the 2002.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Xplodor
I looked up my axle code last night and I found out I have 4.10s with a LS in the rear!!!:eek: (I haven't done my gears yet) I also have the B rated T-Bars. I was really amazed, Ford ROCKS!:D I'm just happy I got the 2001 and not the 2002.

Lucky b@stard:shoot: :D

I got the 3.73 gears with the really cool open diff! :mad:

Soon to be a 4.10 with an Eaton LS though, so my troubles will be over. :D

my truck came stock with 3.27 open diff. they should've just put a sticker there that said "haha on you"

Originally posted by DeagleDave
my truck came stock with 3.27 open diff. they should've just put a sticker there that said "haha on you"

Man, you got it even worse than me! That's sucks.

Actually, all 4 of my families' Explorers came with the D4 3.73 LS

Attachments

• icon_twisted.gif
    icon_twisted.gif
    238 bytes · Views: 267

Manual 5-Speed with 3.73 LS (D4)

3.55's with open diffs :(. Oh well, it still performs fine with 31's on it, and having the Powertrax in made all the difference in the world offroad.

Doc, before I regeared, I was right there with you! Open 3.27s:(

How do i figure out what gears i have on my 98 sport? I'm just learning this kind of stuff. O yah, and what are the best gears to have? Thanks.

4.10's with a Torsen LS. Okay, it isn't an X, but related...

I got the best ever!! I got the 3.27 open!! Really sucks. But I see that I'm not the only one. And it came with the really big 27.4" tires. How cool is that!?!?!

About the only worthwhile thing I specifically did when I bought mine was specify.... 4.10's and an L/S!!! Especially since I had every bonehead salesman at the dealership tell me ' why do you want that; it's just going to take your mileage down.... besides you're getting the 4x4; why is the L/S such an important option to you?' :confused: I think they were mad, cuz I actually made them have to look for an option. :)
I guess I did one thing right.

I got the 3.73 and LS. D4 code.

I got the 4:10 open. code 42:confused:

4.10, limited slip (D2)

Looks like I win... 3.08 open!! But when I did the 4wd conversion I swaped both front a rear axles to match the 3.55 ration... moving up in the world!

Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

finally found it.......4.10 open... also came stock with 31's and 16in tires. bought used, not bad i think. it has worked great for me. :D :p :redexp: :usa:

Back