Where are all the Virginia Explorers?? | Page 38 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where are all the Virginia Explorers??

Got a nice mud hole down this way, come on down, well go to knuckleheads for lunch and get the trucks dirty

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

whens the next meet doubt i'll make cause something always comes up but just wonderin if anyone has nething planed

Every second Saturday the Central 4WD club meets. Private club controlled land, great people, nearly anything you could ask for... 'cept rocks. Camping is free, but primative, unless you consider a porta potty non-primative??

we need to stop messing around and get together sometime

See above

Got a nice mud hole down this way, come on down, well go to knuckleheads for lunch and get the trucks dirty
Is it legal / public wheeling?

Is this legal, public?

My only excuse is that I work too much and I'm trying to get the second zuk running, but my garage is at the club land and I only get to it once a month and my X's 4x4 is shot. Anyone have a set of gears? ideally 4:10 or 4:56?

I cant go this month, Nags Head vacation. However, August or September looks good to me.

Andy has some good points. They have everything except rocks, and dificulty from easy to difficult. They have mud.

Plus they are a really great bunch to wheel with.

We should try to get a group of Explorers to go on one of the wheeling dates.

^^ porta, potty!????????????/// what's that! :p ,,,,,,,, Had a great time down at carolla beach for the 2 hours we got to run after the 6 hour trip down w/ every other person in NC. Apparently going the weekend before the 4th of july wasnt the best time to go down there! Chris thanks for making my truck more capable! I was very impressed w/ it in the sand! this was my first time going and even let tara drive. It was the only thing that would shut her while we were driving. Only had a few scares w/ her, but she did a great job! Might have to try out one of these trails, w/ a porta potty , andy how's the wi-fi connection out there!!! LOl,

^^ porta, potty!????????????/// what's that! :p ,,,,,,,, Had a great time down at carolla beach for the 2 hours we got to run after the 6 hour trip down w/ every other person in NC. Apparently going the weekend before the 4th of july wasnt the best time to go down there! Chris thanks for making my truck more capable! I was very impressed w/ it in the sand! this was my first time going and even let tara drive. It was the only thing that would shut her while we were driving. Only had a few scares w/ her, but she did a great job! Might have to try out one of these trails, w/ a porta potty , andy how's the wi-fi connection out there!!! LOl,

Porta Potty - That's a fun little place you'd have to see.

Wi-Fi?!?!? you'd be lucky to have cell-phone coverage.

Cv4wa

thats the good part, when you go there to wheel you don't have to worry about life getting in the way. you can leave all that at home an enjoy being with friends. we don't have strangers here, everyone's welcome.

what happened to this tread? there use to be lots of things going on. now its dead. lets get this thing revibed. lets do something. somebody plan a event. I've tried to get something together a couple times but knowone seems to like the kind of riding or the spots I ride so someone else give it a try. my trucks not broken in half yet so I need to either ride it or sell it. whats it gonna be.

Seems to be just you and I Bobby. I'd vote for Crozet but the Zuk isn't really all that capable unless you wanna try and throw on the SPOA kit on the black on and see if we can find a set of tires.

The guys in the beach seem to only hit construction places. I'd be up for the zuk fest in October if they're still having it in Uharrie National Forest like the normally do each year.

BTW weather permitting, I might head up to the land and finish the black zuk. I have good compression but need to replace a few wires to get spark and then replace the intake manifold gasket.

I am still around. We did Stoney Run (GWNF) in June, Nags Head was a couple weeks ago.
What about the next CV4WA run?

I am still around. We did Stoney Run (GWNF) in June, Nags Head was a couple weeks ago.
What about the next CV4WA run?

August 18th is the next club event however we ride every 2nd Saturday of the month. Bobby would have to let you know the cost for non-members.

at events we charge $5 per driver and $5 per person for food, we do need a head count so we will have enough. anyone who's been, knows you get your $5 worth to eat unless you can't eat $5 worth. anytime we can get some people together in advance I will call it an event (45-60 day notice so it can be in the news letter and talked about during a meeting).

I am going to try to do the August 18 event. Is it at the Long Island site?

I am going to try to do the August 18 event. Is it at the Long Island site?

Yes.

For anyone interested, I always camp there Friday and/or Saturday night. No charge for camping.

It would be realy nice to get a little Explorer intrest for the next event. FYI anyone who is intrested this is a fantastic oppurtunity to wheel no matter what your level of experience and vehicle. The CV4WA is a great bunch of people to wheel with or just hang out.

i live in smithfield about an hour se of richmond. I would be up for something is you guys put something together

i live in smithfield about an hour se of richmond.
I completely understand that it's a long drive for you Tidewater folks, but unfortunately I have yet to find anything better/closer, and believe me I'm trying.
Donald, it looks like you'd be about 3hrs and 45mins away from the Central VA 4 wheeler's club land.

I know there are hotels/motels in Lynchburg for those long commuters that don't do the camping thing.

Here's some pics I took this past weekend proving that even the little guys can have fun.

]I would be up for something is you guys put something together

I'll try and make it official.
Date/Time: August 18th, 2007 11:00a until' ??
Cost: $5 per driver or vehicle to ride (no charge for just parking) $5 all-you-can eat lunch (cook-out style). Usually there is enough left-overs for dinner.
Accommodations: With prior arrangements, camping is available Friday and/or Saturday night. There is a porta-potty on-site, a campfire is allowed/provided, water can be made accessible, campers allowed, but again please let us know.
Trails: Dirt and Mud navigable by a car or deep enough to swallow a 44" tire. All non-members will have a club member with them to let them know what the trails/obstacles are before you attempt them and be there to help anyone that may get stuck. There are no requirements for vehicles but it is strongly suggested to have a front and rear recovery point. In many cases a rear receiver hitch is suitable in the rear. Spectators are more than welcome. All motorized vehicles must be covered by liability insurance. You will not feel obligated to drive beyond your ability other than friendly support to ensure enjoyment and safety.

This is a family friendly event.

If enough interest we could do a ride in the Mountains on Sunday. Unclemeat is probably the best person to ask about trails in the mountains.

The CV4WA is currently working on a website, don't mind it while it's under construction and don't save the link as it's only temporary for now. Feel free to browse the pictures and see what to expect.

if there where 5-6 that wanted to tent camp but are concerned about weather I may can have our 30x50 tent set and they could set camp under it. there's two hotels in altavista (within 14 miles of the land) a holiday inn and comfort inn. both are nice and fairly new places.

I am just trying to keep this active. It would be really cool to see the Virginia explorers come out and go wheeling.

What about Whitegineering? I know Mark wheels his X, and is not afraid to drive to get to the trails.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would love to come out to the mountains one weekend but my free time is few and far between. I do need a reason to try out my 4:88s on some trails though.

I run an offroad shop here in Cheasapeake, Va called Truck Pro Shop. If anyone needs anything in Hampton Roads let me know

Back