WINDROCK (TN) in feb. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WINDROCK (TN) in feb.

My favorite trail 16 pic :D :roll:

12496Dcp_0031.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL, thats badass ^^^ I got a winch as well so hopefully gonna get stuck and try it again since the first trial it didn't fair so well but that could have been due to operator error :confused: if my buddy ends up towing me up there I'am down for whatever, if not may have to take some what of an easy, don't want to get stranded in tenn :D

i myself have never been to windrock... even though im 30 minutes away from it. and i also just started modifying my truck not to long ago... so how difficult are some of the trails.. just wondering... still going...

trails range from gravel roads to hardcore had rock crawling comp there.

i agree with matt if i drive 6 hours to wheel i wanna hit some harder trails.

Matt if that is the big rut your talking about i watch a nissan frontier and 3 Xterra's walk through it... Driver need more skill.

It has many different trails, I will try 16 as long as someone is winching if I need it. Some trails are easy all the way to rattle rock which is a rock crawlers dream. Try some searches on the internet, windrock, rattlerock or coal creek mining. Pictures and maps are avilable at www.windrockatv.com.

I'm hoping to make it as long as i'm not on call for work and i have money for fuel to get down there. Sounds like it will be fun.

nissanboy said:
trails range from gravel roads to hardcore had rock crawling comp there.

i agree with matt if i drive 6 hours to wheel i wanna hit some harder trails.

Matt if that is the big rut your talking about i watch a nissan frontier and 3 Xterra's walk through it... Driver need more skill.

ummm......... it has changed drastically since your group went out there, My buddy has a rover and leads the customer runs and d90's on 37's were having trouble with that. I almost went there on new years with my buddy morris and all their rigs have 40's-46's and they said they made it fine but had a little trouble. I myself started to lift a front tire at the end and had to back out. Lets see how u do chad :D Rumor is though that they filled it in a little.

you cant pussy out when a tire comes off the ground... dont you remember having IFS?

That wasnt the point. Quit baabaling on and do it your self and see.

my explorer won't be ready yet, but I will be in Lake city that weekend, I may drop by to check out the explorers.

i need to know how to get there... is their a website for windrock?

I can tell you how to get there. Tell me where you will be coming from. Do some searches on the internet and you will find sites with pictures and info.

ill be coming from i 75 north (the 134 exit) campbell co. a little north of windrock if that helps any

Take the Clinton/Lake City exit off I-75. Turn right go about 15 miles(?) turn right at Herb Newton Nissan(on the left). Go about 5 miles and look for Hardees, across the street from Hardess is a gas station you can buy passes. Get back on the road heading the same way you were going about another 1-2 miles. After you cross the second bridge turn right(curvey entrance) go about 3-4 miles stay right at fork when you get to the parking area you will know it. Take left at parking area up into parking lot near a shed that also sells passes on the weekends. Hope this makes sense, any questions?

Do you know how to get there from cookeville tenn, one of the peeps that is coming with me goes to this area so I know how to get this far :D

yeah man that helps a great deal. i appreciate it. thanks! see you there

No problem from Cookeville, lived there for 20+ years. I-40 toward Knoxville, exit 347(Harriman/Rockwood) the ramps loops around and you will take the right fork merging onto Hwy 27. Go through Harriman about 7-10 miles the road will fork, take the right fork(Hwy61) toward Oliver Springs. Go 10-15 miles and when you come to a red light take the next left after the light. That is the curvey road entrance follow the same directions as listed before from that point. Who do you know in Cookeville? My best friend still lives there and I am hoping he will be my shotgun. I would like him to bring his 95 X along but it needs tires.

N2FORD said:
No problem from Cookeville, lived there for 20+ years. I-40 toward Knoxville, exit 347(Harriman/Rockwood) the ramps loops around and you will take the right fork merging onto Hwy 27. Go through Harriman about 7-10 miles the road will fork, take the right fork(Hwy61) toward Oliver Springs. Go 10-15 miles and when you come to a red light take the next left after the light. That is the curvey road entrance follow the same directions as listed before from that point. Who do you know in Cookeville? My best friend still lives there and I am hoping he will be my shotgun. I would like him to bring his 95 X along but it needs tires.

Sweet, thanx man, my friend is cousins with Rusty & Jess davis that live in that area whoever they are.

Alrighty, last night i fubared a u-joint in my front end, and when that happened i funked up the ears on the shafts.This is the second time ive done this. If i can get a new inner and outer shafts i should be able to make it. Money is and issue right now so it might take a while. I should have new shafts and u joint by them. If i am ready i should have me and about 3 heeps coming.

Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is still a month, my engines are on the shop floor currently. Hopefully everybody will get done what they need in time. I am trying to get some of the bigger rigs from 4X4grace to come so Matt will have some competition.

Back