WINDROCK (TN) in feb. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WINDROCK (TN) in feb.

if i get my tranny back together ill be there. i think i smoked it turning to many rpms with my gears being so low.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my transfer case motor is messing up i think... i can be in 4low 1st... when im on the gas it seems right... but when i let up it doesnt hold back it seems as if im in neutral... dont know... still going though, any ideas?

That's the way my old one was before i went to a manual, i don't know why it does that.

how did you fix it... just switch to manual? cause that would be nice

Yeah i think that's what was wrong, it was just shot. Since the front output is turned by a magnet, then it's just worn and not holding. Manual is the way to go.

i agree that manual is the way to go but the lack of engine braking has to do with loose gaskets in teh valve body on the 5r55e. it allows the fluid to bypass certain areas and doesnt lock the torque converter.

PM glacier about it. he can figure you out.

We did put off the ride on four wheelers this weekend. It was just a rotten day to ride. I think N2FORD and me will be trying again next Sunday for the scoping run. Hopefully the weather will be better. I changed all the hoses on the '94 on Saturday instead. For me, if one hose leaks... they all leak. Also began installing pulling hooks on the front. I'm not sure how I'm going to get the back set of bolts in. There are obstructions in the rails. I'll figure it out.

Getting better, a little at a time.

nissanboy is right; that's a tranny problem not a tcase problem. I had mine fixed once and it does it again - I have no engine compression braking in first gear. If you do a search for no first gear or something like that, you might be able to find an old thread (maybe around 2001-2002) about it . Also, Jefe fixed it himself a year or two ago and posted a thread on it with photos. Try searching for a tranny thread with Jefe as author.

thanks guys for the info... ill do the search and see what i can come up with... got another problem though. Yesterday went on a wheeling trip with a few friends in jeeps and someone was in a expedition... anyway, ill just say its time to fab some skid plates... i about ripped off my ac cooler (that is in front of your radiator right) cause it looks like an L now... my temp is fine everything seems to be running fine...

explorerjimbo, where did you go wheeling? Any luck getting it back in shape?

Mine is back running again, hoping to get the exhaust done Friday. I am open right out of the y pipe now. It was a loud ride home. Hoping to get a front receiver hitch mounted in the next few days. Hopefully won't need to be pulled, but just in case. Goatman and I will be going to Windrock on ATV's Sunday to scout out the ride. The weather looks good this time.

N2Ford: theres a few places i wheel around here with some friends (The Flats) and Royal Blue... its alot of fun... but yeah itll be up and running by the 19th for sure... i also had a bad cv joint and it finally went out last night on my way home from work... but thatll be replaced this weekend, not a good month for my x, but i LOVE it!

We need to plan a Royal Blue run. I have never been up there. Several people I know go there.

i wont run at royal blue.... it is catered toward ATV's. the trails tend to be huge ruts and mud holes with logs and broken glass in the bottom. I went once with a nissan club and we all had severe damage from hitting unseen logs in the bottom of mud pits.

i havent had any bad luck with anything like that in royal blue, and ive been wheeling there for a while now... true some of the trails are for atv but nothing a chainsaw cant fix ;) ive actually had to tow a cop out of there... they we're chaising a couple of robbers that held up a shell gas station... the cops were in an x... but anyways... if anyone wants to plan one in the near future that would be great...

yesterday my cv joint went completley out... got into it today, pulled my half shaft out... man is it burnt up, my wheel bearings where did they go? haha its a mess, but itll be back together this weekend... and ive also finally got a chance to start on my body lift tonight, so that should be done by tomorrow night hopefully if i dont run into any problems...

wind rock

My t-ruckasaurus is fixed. What day did everyone decide on, 19th? Please let me know. :D

We need to start deciding on a meeting time and place. How early, meet for breakfast or not, where to buy passes. Please leave input and we will read what everyone wants. Probably need to start a vehicle count also and the vehicle ability, list of mods beside name. we may need to have 2 groups depending on how many and level of ability.

yeah i think so to... i thought i read in this thread that some ppl are going friday and camping... maybe im wrong... but I myself have to work friday the 18th and wont be there till early saturday... im going to try to get there bout 9am ish... isnt there a gas station right there where you can get passes? why not meet there?

2 weeks out and i wont know for sure if i can be there till the 18th. I got my trans fixed but im kinda broke now so all depend son money flow between now and then.

Im gonna be rolling locked front and rear with 35" a/t's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would like to make this one. I do not believe I will have alot done to mine by this time, but yall said there are easy trails. I would like to come and see everyones X's and get some ideas for mine. I can make it and about 9am sounds good to me.

Back