WINDROCK (TN) in feb. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WINDROCK (TN) in feb.

N2FORD said:
Take the Clinton/Lake City exit off I-75. Turn right go about 15 miles(?) turn right at Herb Newton Nissan(on the left). Go about 5 miles and look for Hardees, across the street from Hardess is a gas station you can buy passes. Get back on the road heading the same way you were going about another 1-2 miles. After you cross the second bridge turn right(curvey entrance) go about 3-4 miles stay right at fork when you get to the parking area you will know it. Take left at parking area up into parking lot near a shed that also sells passes on the weekends. Hope this makes sense, any questions?

Is that the same exit for norris state park?, heading away from clinton?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, take that exit, go to Oak Ridge and turn at the Nissan dealer, follow the rest of the directions from there.

Thanks, have gone by it several times, didn't even know it.

anyone have a upper ball joint driver side they arent using?

id like to buy one for cheap off someone if they could bring it to the run.

I could pobably get one at the local salvage yard. Would you want me to check?

Bad news, im having radiator problrms too, I probably wont be able to bring my truck. Im saving up for some alloy shafts for the front. Im still bringing a few other rigs though. Can i ride with u david?

Ok! Y'all quit breaking stuff... Funny thing Matt, I'm smelling antifreeze right after shutting down. Can't find any obvious leak, but she is loosing some fluid. I'm keeping an eye on the water pump. That's just a couple of hours worth though. Looks like we're going to get a little snow today and tonite. If it's going to snow, I'd rather have a foot rather than an inch. Gives me something to bite on.

LOL im prolly gonn adrive my GF's jeep. my explorer isnt to street friendly at teh moment.

Might be able to make it, im not promising anything though. 2 jeeps possibly coming. Ill keep u guys updated.

adding my body lift this weekend... hopefully ill have my new tires and rims by the 19th also...

Matt, IN2FORD is going to try and ride shotgun with me. What kind of radiator problems are you having? I just bought a new Modine radiator for $70 for my 91. I am planning going to Windrock this weekend to scout out some trails. ExplorerJimbo, 2 or 3 inch body lift? What size wheel and tire combo are you putting on? Take you time on the body lift and pretreat the bolts with rust penetrant, it should go smooth on one that new.

N2FORD if there isnt at least one obstacle you have to einch over it isnt a good enough trail.

Found the leak in my coolant system. Just a pin hole in one of the heater hoses. I'm going to help N2FORD scout this weekend. I'm hoping we can find some places were the big rigs will feel challenged and the more moderate folks can get around severe obsticles and cheer for the big boys. Were going up on the atv's so we can get around easily. :thumbsup:

3 inch body lift... i want to get 15x10's with some 33/12.50's...any idea if and wire harnesses or anything like that will make it any more work than im expecting?

I did a 2 inch on my 91's and did not have any problems. I have read the 3 inch can get more problems with wiring and hoses, no personal experience though. The trails we are wanting to scout out may have way to many obstacles. May have to post pone going this weekend, calling for freezing rain and cold temps.

on thte 3" body lift make sure you tie your AC lines back off pulleys.... i cant remember if it was the alternator pulley or teh tensioner pulley that my ac line got cut on.

and that little metal heat shield on the driver side frame rail... dont remove it like the instrucktoin say. Just have a friend watch to make sure the lines arent getting pinched.

alright man... thanks for the info... ill do some before and afters and post em on my cardomain site when the lift is on.

Alright i will be riding with chad(nissanboy) in his explorer. What were the dates we were going to ride again. Im up for all day sat. and some on sunday.I will mostlikely get there on fri and camp out. U up for some night wheeling chad?

Saturday Feb 19 is the main day we are trying for. I might be able to ride on Sunday after Church. A mild night ride might be cool depending on the weather.
They fired mine up last night with the new engine. The friend putting the engine in said it is hard to tell how it is running with the open exhaust. hopefully will have it back by Monday and get the exhaust done next week.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I should be there also if I can figure out if my 4x4 is locking

Back