Xtreme M/t's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Xtreme M/t's

Anyone running the new pro comp xtreme m/t's?
I am on pro comp x-terrains now and like them alot. I will be looking to get new skins at the end of this summer and making the jump to 35's. I really like the look of the new xtreme m/t's but have not found many reviews on them yet. I did find this one: http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/Pro-Comp-Xtreme-MT.htm
But would rather get input first hand from someone who ownes a set.
Any feedback would be great.
Thanks
JIGA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't like my 35" x-terrains. I guess I'm just not a pro-comp tire fan. Those do look better than any other tire they have though.

I like the ratings. The "Xtreme M/T" only got a 3 out of 5 for mud... :shifty_ey

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 290

I don't like my 35" x-terrains. I guess I'm just not a pro-comp tire fan. Those do look better than any other tire they have though.

I like the ratings. The "Xtreme M/T" only got a 3 out of 5 for mud... :shifty_ey

What is it about your x-terrains that you dont like? Mine seem to do great in the snow. Great in the little mud i have been in (everything is frozen here). So far real good in the trails. And thats with only about 40% tread on the fronts.
And yeah I also noticed the 3 out of 5 stars for mud. Thats strange for a m/t tire! Thats why I was hoping someone here was rolling on them already so I could get some input. Well I wont be buying tires till the end of summer so I have plenty of time to review. I will bump this thread up in a couple of months to see if more guys are rolling on the xtreme m/t's then.
Thanks
JIGA

The cheapest I have seen them so far is $199.00 a rattle. Hopefully that will drop a bit in a few months. $1000.00 for new skins is a little tough to swallow!

There are no reviews because they just came out last month.

There are no reviews because they just came out last month.

Yeah I realize there pretty new to the market. Just figured I would roll the dice and see if anyone here already has them. I will bring this back up right before I am ready to by my 35's. Maybe by then I can get some better input on them.
Thanks though.....
JIGA

These are buy 3 get 1 free right now at 4wheelparts.com. For four 35X12.5X15 its $674.13.

These are buy 3 get 1 free right now at 4wheelparts.com. For four 35X12.5X15 its $674.13.

Hey thanks Ben
4wheel does run alot of the buy 3 get one deals. You think it would be a buy 4 and get one seeing how most of us on larger tires, Need a larger spare as well.
Thanks again buddy
JIGA

I'll second the Xterrains being no good.. I had 35's and they were the worst tire I have ever owned.. absolutely terrible in the snow, no good when it rained.. Loud compared to other mud terrain tires. I could actually feel the tires when I came to a stop like a super swamper.. I suppose they did "ok" in the mud. The only good I have heard about those tires was they worked well on the rocks..

So of course I'm a little sour about all of their tires just because I had a bad experience with one. I guess I shouldn't judge it quite like that though.

Back