01Xp4ME | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reaction score

• Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Please be kind if I say things in the wrong places, as this is my 1st time on a forum (suggested by my son) I'm familiar w/social media; Just new to forums :)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this has Eddie Bauer package; But then again maybe not. I don't find the insignia anywhere, but when I try to find seats etc, they look like EB.

Very confusing and frustrating. I have some things I haven't seen on any other Explorer, so hard to make a comparison at time when looking for parts etc.
Hoping this forum will give me a better understanding and lessen my confusion.

btw, I love my Explorer. It's got 225,000 miles on it. Starts like new and runs like a champ. My main concerns are interior and small items deteriorating due to use and age.

Some things I'd like to fix / replace: Tan
leather drivers seat is almost shot- My fault. I'd never had leather and didn't take good care of it. Now seat by door has chunks of foam coming out of it due to wear.
It's electric - but dead/frozen. I don't necessarily need electric, but would like one that looks nice. The passenger one is perfect, so even another passenger one would be fine to me if it fits. I'd love to just replace the whole thing but can't seem to find a replacement.

I have good working Cruise Control, but the pieces on either side of the steering wheel have basically disintegrated over time. I can see the small green w/silver soldered "computer chip/circuits" on right, and what looks like a wiring harness on left.

I bought this new 7 years ago and the Deck Lid between front seats was in need of repair at the time. Just Need the Tan deck lid - I have a good hinge for it.

Does anyone have any good ideas on the back hatch lever that keeps coming loose? I understand this is common with the Explorer, but hoping someone has found a permanent workaround for this awful problem.

Also would love to find a source for the 2 hinges/bolts that hold the glass into the back hatch. Mine have stripped out and can't find any at pull&pays here in Central Florida.

No biggy, but the strip that goes over top of license plate would be nice. Florida Sun is brutal on things like that.

Thank-You for taking time to read,
:whitenavajo:01Xp4Me

p.s. I was going to upload some photos, but can't figure out how2
Birthday
January 1
City, State
Orlando, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Ford Explorer Sport
Engine
V6 4.0
Year