Tellico run 08 is a no go!!! What are we gonna do???? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tellico run 08 is a no go!!! What are we gonna do????

lets get a list together of who is driving what and what they have build wise. That way we can make a decision on who wheels where.

I would recommend a break at the 35" Tire, locked front and rear limit. Anyone above will be OK with good spotting and good chance of body damage (obviously Lower 2 is a no go for anyone who isnt 38+ and ready to break; as well as a few of the other trails). Anyone below can wheel the other trails and still have some fun.

I would recommend roll protection. Sliders are a must unless you just dont care.

Ill be in my yota. 42s, built axles, crawl box...specs in sig.

For anyone in the Roanoke, VA area...or willing to travel there (or put him up for some time) i have a buddy there who is a wizard with the tube. He is able to make complex bends and notch them to fit perfectly. You pay for tube and his time, put him up for a few days, feed him. He drinks mountain dew like its water (two or more 2 liter bottles a day, he doesnt eat much though....i feel like im selling a dog or something, lol) PM me if you are interested.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok im good with that. Everyone repost what you have build wise and ill compile the list.

Burns: D44/9" Open f/r 36.

Will have Lockers f/r and sliders. Should be truggie style by then...

Its a little too early to say exactly what each of us is going to be running 11 months from now .. so I'll just post what I already have on hand:

Rear: 14-bolt w/ Detroit
Front: will be Dana 60 w/ Detroit and hydro

I'm aiming for maybe the 38" CreepyCrawlers or a 40"-ish Interco tire.

And I dont mind running with the more stock vehicles for some of the time. Half the fun is meeting new people :D

Ok then lets just list Hard or Stock.

Ill just divide the list up that way. I want to ride a smaller trail also just to meet everyone.

I've been thinking the same thing. Seriously we need to put a cage party together. We need some SERIOUS protection.

But you know what I heard? I heard Blee is planning to get a bender :D.

I've got a welder that will do the trick. Sounds like we got it all. Or we could kidnap Wolf's bender.

As for the group. I will be hard.

Dana 44/9" 4.88,Locker F/R, Stubler, 35s, Hydro

Here is a list of people that might go and a list of questionable people/ I was bored so i did this

Might Go:
Burns
IZwack
ExploringNC
mcpherson
dopler174
snoborder88(Possibly with rig)
N2Ford
94Crawler
Slravene
97 V8
95Exploderboy
Yomie
Lbarr2002(Depending on Trailer)

The Questionable People:
Exploderpilot
JMan689
Cybergasm
Spas

you did not get all of us that might goI should be on the questionable list at least
I am in a stock ex for now

Burns, for simplicity, put the list on the the first post of this thread.

eh noobs:D;):p:

and was it my imagination last night but was Spas listed twice on there last night ?

and was it my imagination last night but was Spas listed twice on there last night ?
It was, for a second, and then I edited it :D

this thread/trail run is really starting to look awesome.
I may try to show up just to watch all the SAS built Explorers do these tough trails

and I don't think i'll have my rig built up enough to run those trails.
but you never know

So are we shooting for early October? I would like that better than the summer. Warm days, cool nights.:cool:

Yeah right now early October.

Man...i might have to dump some money into the 94 and put a trailer on it, so i can tow the 92 out there and not worry about breaking it.

I should have a slew of spare parts by then.

Yeah im gonna do that today. I posted it here last might and was gonna work on it more but went to bed. Who would have thought.

Oh and harv65 my bad. I knew i was missing someone.

I gotta be in the easy group? :( Just kiddig, depending on what happens with me and my friends parts X, we might turn it into a crawler.. Which if we do it would be done by then and i'd be running it in the hard group. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know I know i was gonna let everyone else get him on that one ha ha

I just pretty much did it on tire size of 35+ if ya want to you can ha ha and awesome crawler :)

Back