my 2" BL, brushguard, roof basket and 285's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my 2" BL, brushguard, roof basket and 285's

wisekise

Reaction score
City, State
kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 sport
the kit and the:D required tools (and no officer that is not moonshine!)
PICT0375.jpg

before the BL with a TT and AAL
PICT0373.jpg

tow hooks
PICT0380.jpg

my $50 brush guard
PICT0376.jpg

brush guard and bumper being painted... i ran out of time to do the rest of the tupperware, but i think i'm going to start over and herc the guard, bumpers, and all the plastic
PICT0378.jpg

after bodylift, i had some adjustments to do to the bumper so i left the guard off. i also didnt get to the rear bumper but its on the "to-do" list
PICT0392.jpg

now with front bumper, and brushguard w/ lights complete, also a rola roof basket and 33" BFG TA's :D
PICT0403.jpg

PICT0401.jpg

PICT0402.jpg

PICT0404.jpg

PICT0406.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how's the turning? front wheels look like they would eat up that fender flare.

great looking truck though man. ive been looking at the roof baskets for awhile. they do look sweet.

how's the turning? front wheels look like they would eat up that fender flare.

great looking truck though man. ive been looking at the roof baskets for awhile. they do look sweet.

thanks
actually on the road i have no problems at all, even at full lock( i removed both sway bars previously). i just bought the tires yesterday, so i haven't had the chance to try them out off road. i might jack the front end up an compress each a-arm and test the steering, so i can cut any problem pieces out of the way before i get out in "the ****"
i got lucky and found the basket on ebay for 80 bucks, and the tires on craigslist for 350:D

You know that is bad@ss, right? How's the carrier? Will it hold a spare? (One thing, did you forget to hit the cowl with Krylon?)

You know that is bad@ss, right? How's the carrier? Will it hold a spare? (One thing, did you forget to hit the cowl with Krylon?)

thanks man
i mounted the basket directly to the roof rails, and where the roof is curved, the basket is resting on the smaller rails in the center. i haven't found a spare yet, but if it won't hold a spare 33, i have got bigger issues
i plan on doing all the plastics with black fusion, but the factory gray will get painted before the faded black. i probably will paint the rear bumper first when i raise it and the hitch up to match, then the tupp., then trim
i cant decide how i want to do the painting/herc. i might paint all the plastic and herc the metal, or just herc the bumpers and the tupperware. haven't figured that one out yet

tested out the new setup

got a chance to go camping again on my grandfather's farm to test out the 33's. with newfound courage i cut a path through a overgrown field to find an awesome creekbed that was bone dry(no rain for a mo.) on to the pics...
PICT0415.jpg

PICT0418.jpg

PICT0419.jpg

haulin ass through a pretty narrow rough patch
PICT0420.jpg

PICT0421.jpg

PICT0422.jpg

my best friends on the trail with me
PICT0426.jpg

thought it was a good shot, wish my g/f would have got the whole truck in the pic though
PICT0430.jpg

nice man hahaha no officer its not moonshine..
im really digging that roof basket tho

nice man hahaha no officer its not moonshine..
im really digging that roof basket tho

thanks
it was good "shine" too:D
yeah i looked for a long time for a basket that i liked and with a nice price

may i ask where you got the brush guard for $50??

Im looking for 1 for my 97 sport right now.

may i ask where you got the brush guard for $50??

Im looking for 1 for my 97 sport right now.

I got lucky and found it on craigslist, along with a westin guard for my buddies silverado for 50 bucks as well

Now that's a display of articulation and agility! My goodness, and I'll bet that area is like right near home? The best I can do right now is a few pics through the Wal-Mart parking lot :)

Now that's a display of articulation and agility! My goodness, and I'll bet that area is like right near home? The best I can do right now is a few pics through the Wal-Mart parking lot :)

Wow! Thanks i guess. Me or my x has ever been described as having good agility or articulation!!
And yes that is the goldmine that is my grandfather's farm.(About 20 min from my house) Developers are making their way on both sides of him and i hate it. I don't know how much longer it will still be called "the country" out there

Sharp looking ride. Also I like what rounds out your necessary tools :) :salute:

Sharp looking ride. Also I like what rounds out your necessary tools :) :salute:

thank you sir..... i do like to imbibe the firewater, and wrench on the truck.....i can never figure out why it takes so long to finish projecs?:dunno:

Back