• Register Today It's free!

Do I need a new battery?

nik

Reaction score
City, State
Oxford, Oxfordshire, UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000, North Face
So I've learnt about the error codes with the flashing airbag light and according to that my battery is low! (error code 12!) So here's the question. My battery gauge on the dash shows just under half way, if that makes sense? How accurate is that and does that mean the battery's a bit tired? Do I really need a new one and if so.... Where to get the best deal!!

Your input as ever would be much appreciated guys!

Cheers
Nik

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check the battery before even thinking of replacing.

So the explorer gauge isn't that accurate then?

Do you have any problem starting car?

Does the starter ever sound slow in turning over?

With the recent cold weather we have had I would have thought you would have had some sort of problems.

If not I would not be concerned about battery

No, she's been fine. Just want to get rid of the airbag light!!

Have you had the light deleted?

No. Would i need a dealer to do that?

WHOA a MINUTE ,,

be very careful if you are going to access the airbag module, , if you ground out a wire by accident the module will trigger the airbags at any time, possibly causing bodily harm or even death,
just to be safe i would either get another from the junkyard or get a dealer to look at it,

Why don't you just get the batttery checked at your local car parts supplier? They usually do it for free

I would be tempted to have car plugged into computer and get the light deleted and if they can not delete it they will at least be able to tell you what is wrong.

The problem with changing the airbag is the light will probaly still be on.

Most independent garages can do it these days for a small charge should be no need to go to dealer.

or get a code reader from ebay for £14.99, easy to connect and use and clear codes

these code readers only read engine codes not airbags or abs

Thanks guys. All your help is much appreciated as usual.

Nik

Back