• Register Today It's free!

Hello! Just put my order in 4/8

MidTNExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 On order
I have been reading posts for awhile when I was making my decision but now that I placed my order I thought I would join the forum.

2011 Limited AWD, Sterling Gray/Charcoal, 302A, Tow

I placed my order on 4/8 and got my VIN yesterday. Time to start tracking.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

VIN in 5 days? This must be a record!!!!

After reading through so many varied experiences from people on this board I thought so to. I didn't expect to hear anything for a couple of weeks but I looked in my inbox this morning and there it was.

I put my order in on 3/18
Received my VIN on 3/25
Widow Sticker 4/14
Build Date 4/21

Lucky you, MidTN. A VIN in under a week? It's been over 5 weeks since I left my deposit with the dealer. No VIN for me yet. :(

I ordered mine in feb. still no vin :( Ive got 5 weeks until I have to find another option

My dealer told me it usually takes about 6 weeks to get the truck in but he sometimes gets them before that since he's the largest dealer on the east coast. My truck was ordered on 3/18 and I wanted to add another option before it's built but the dealer still doesn't have a VIN to see where it's at on the assembly line or if they even started building it yet. How long does it usually take for a dealer to get a VIN?

I'm wondering the same thing about the Vin #. When will their system update I know they schedule Thursdays. I am able to track it myself & still havent seen a change.

I have been reading posts for awhile when I was making my decision but now that I placed my order I thought I would join the forum.

2011 Limited AWD, Sterling Gray/Charcoal, 302A, Tow

I placed my order on 4/8 and got my VIN yesterday. Time to start tracking.

that is good news for you, but is BS in my book. How does that kind of stuff happen. I had to wait almost 6 weeks.

Seems that if an order was placed prior to Mid March as most of us had we waited months for a VIN and Build date. Place an order now and it is 10 days max. Sounds like either they are cranking up the line as they learn how to build them , or the back log of early orders is now clear and through the system. Either way good to see them leaving now . Mine was built on Tuesday ,and I am waiting for shipping . Hope to see it by the 27th or so.

Not entirely..........

Placed my order with Academy Ford March 19th (I think they entered it March 22nd). Still no order number, no DORA, No Vin......:(

I think it has to do with geography in relation to the orbit of the moon in adjusted by the rate of inflation divided by pie.

Can an order be checked without an order number?

order # is given the day its ordered. If you don't have an order # then the dealership probably didn't order the vehicle. The dealership has the number so call them and ask for it again.

Placed my order with Academy Ford March 19th (I think they entered it March 22nd). Still no order number, no DORA, No Vin......:(

I think it has to do with geography in relation to the orbit of the moon in adjusted by the rate of inflation divided by pie.

Can an order be checked without an order number?

I live in Silver Spring and have been researching the process like crazy ever since about a week after I ordered.

The dealer should be able to give the order info showing the dealer code and order nbr. Your order staus can be tracked with that by either the dealer or by Seni, a member of this forum (user FordCustSrvc), who you can send a private message (PM) to. The order will also show the type and priority. To get scheduled quickly, you want type 1, retail (customer), not type 2, dealer stock. Also, the dealer can assign down to priority 10, but the region can assign lower. A little pressure might help.

They only "schedule" orders on Thursdays which is when they are placed in the plant planning process and a VIN is assigned. This is where priority and allocations come into play, and if you miss one you have to wait until the next Thursday.

After scheduling, the next step is getting assigned a build week, then day, then window sticker, then the actual build. For me, each of these steps took about a week after it was scheduled. The window sticker is available online, but before that only the dealer or Seni can give you a status. Hope this helps.

@rsomer

Nice explanation!

I will be either happy tomorrow (Friday) or sad for another week!

Do they update the system on Thursday though or do they wait until Friday to input. I just checked their system mine nor the others ordered around me have a Vin yet since 3/25

Nice choice on the build- I've been looking for that exact build in dealer inventory (according to web) for a couple of days and have not found a single one within 50 miles of Ann Arbor. Geez, I guess I'll be ordering one.

Do they update the system on Thursday though or do they wait until Friday to input. I just checked their system mine nor the others ordered around me have a Vin yet since 3/25

I'm not aware of any way for us to look up a VIN online other than opening the window sticker, but that won't be there until about 7 days before the build. It would be great of we could. Today, Friday, the dealer should be able to tell you whether it was scheduled and give the VIN. Seni has been great and will also check if you send her a private message with the dealer number and order number. In my case, a build week was assigned about a week after that, but the way I found out was by calling the dealer. They can look up the order status history online throughout the process. Hope you made it.

Nice choice on the build- I've been looking for that exact build in dealer inventory (according to web) for a couple of days and have not found a single one within 50 miles of Ann Arbor. Geez, I guess I'll be ordering one.

Just this week I see quite a few cars in the dealer inventory in MD, so I think things are opening up. One was just like mine except it had the polished wheels and no towing. The dealer can check around and trade something with another dealer. At one point, my dealer found one 200 miles away, but at the time there were so few available they couldn't make a deal. Maybe they can now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not aware of any way for us to look up a VIN online other than opening the window sticker, but that won't be there until about 7 days before the build. It would be great of we could. Today, Friday, the dealer should be able to tell you whether it was scheduled and give the VIN. Seni has been great and will also check if you send her a private message with the dealer number and order number. In my case, a build week was assigned about a week after that, but the way I found out was by calling the dealer. They can look up the order status history online throughout the process. Hope you made it.

My father works for Ford and I am able to see the same system the dealer and ford can see. I have been looking it up and was nothing updated for mine or others on the site from my dealer yesterday. I'm assuming none were scheduled then.

Back