Comfirm A/C Problem please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Comfirm A/C Problem please

project_dog

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane
Year, Model & Trim Level
New guy here. I have been reading about my 2003 Mountaineer Premier. I feel bad because my wife is 8 months pregnant and its hot here in spokane, wa and she only has half of her A/C.

Im posting here to make sure they problem is the Door blend actuator. I dont have the manual climate, I have the digital Climate Controls. I found a OEM one for $60.00 and they want 700 to install it. I want to do it myself because I dont have the money and it would save me the money.

She gets rear air and the passenger side cold air, the driver side vents blows warm.

So am I right?

Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow 20 people read this and no response.

Welcome aboard project_dog! :salute:

A lot of times people look at threads in hopes of finding a solution to their problem. Not everyone that looks at a thread has the fix.

I am not familiar with the EATC. If it has a blend door actuator for the passenger side and a separate blend door actuator for the driver side, then the driver side actuator could be bad. Typically there is a clicking noise when changing the temperature if the actuator is bad. I'm going to check my shop manuals to see if I can get some info for you. In the meantime, maybe someone with more knowledge of the EATC will chime in.

The blend door has to do with the hot/cold mix of air. Since you are getting cold air at some of the vents this may not be your problem. A quick check would be to turn the temp from cold to hot and see if the "working" vents start blowing heat when engine is warm. If yes then you likely have a different problem.

Check your A/C refrigerant level. I have the same system in my '03 limited and had the exact same problem. I went as far as replacing the driver's side actuator but still had the "warm driver, cold passenger, cold rear" symptom. The problem went away after I added another 12oz can of R134a.

Back