• Register Today It's free!

tweeter mounting ideas

mudbug0426

Reaction score
City, State
Allen, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT V6 OHV 4x4
ill be installing my 6.5 components in the front doors this weekend and was wondering if anyone knows if there is room behind the a-pillar to flush mount the tweeters. the flush mount brackets that were included are about 1 inch deep, and it doesnt look like they will fit up there.

if not, pictures of other mounting locations or suggestions would be great

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i put mine up by the mirrors on the inside panel, made the soundstage seem bigger and way more clear,,

on the a-pillar?

Not on the pillar, up where the plastic goes in front of the windows to cover the mirror bolts,on the inside,

a pic will be great!

k, up here,, they sound good, and the wiring worked good there,,

383187_10151027358595165_713775164_21991034_1338177454_n.jpg

377854_10151027360230165_713775164_21991040_1238675629_n.jpg

that doesnt look bad at all. ive always heard people say that the further away the tweeter and mid/woofer are apart the better it sounds. now take it that everyone has their own opinion on what sounds good, what does the spacing do exactly?

the spacing allows the high end part of the sound to be heard just a nano second ahead of the rest of it, kind of adding a spacious sound,
Bass is omnidirectional as it comes from all directions, but the highs are more directional so they become clearer ,so it's gets some depth to it,,

that doesnt look bad at all. ive always heard people say that the further away the tweeter and mid/woofer are apart the better it sounds. now take it that everyone has their own opinion on what sounds good, what does the spacing do exactly?

I always thought the opposite. In my Paseo, I have Infinity Kappa components up front. I used to have the tweeters mounted in the pillars, aimed to the rearview mirror. Even with multiple changes in aiming, they never quite sounded right. I ended up moving the tweeters right next to the mid/woofer. Alot better, in my particular setup.

I agree with toypaseo, I was always told to keep the tweeter & mid close together. But sound is subjective. So I would recommend using some double sided tape and stick the tweeter in different spots/angles until you find the spot that sounds the best to you.

Back