2003 Explorer in need of work, no idea what is wrong though | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer in need of work, no idea what is wrong though

Exia989

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer NBX V8
So recently, my explorer has developed what i originally believed to be a bad wheel bearing. However, lately at certain speeds, my car has started to make this noise that suggests that something is vibrating severely, and causes a very loud droning (not sure if appropriate description) at speeds around 50, and even worse at 75. I am close to taking it to a dealership just to see if they can diagnose it as I have absolutely no idea what could be to blame.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

yeh you need new wheel bearings

So recently, my explorer has developed what i originally believed to be a bad wheel bearing. However, lately at certain speeds, my car has started to make this noise that suggests that something is vibrating severely, and causes a very loud droning (not sure if appropriate description) at speeds around 50, and even worse at 75. I am close to taking it to a dealership just to see if they can diagnose it as I have absolutely no idea what could be to blame.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Here is a link below to do a self test of your wheel bearings to see if any are bad. If you are not able to do the self test yourself for what ever the reason, you will need to take your vehicle to a mechanic you really trust for diagnosis, but stay away from dealerships. You will pay a lot more at a dealership for a repair.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7560141_test-bad-wheel-bearings.html

Back