Central PA Day of Wheeling July 13th | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Central PA Day of Wheeling July 13th

Gonna try to built my sliders Saturday morning before the meet and figure out a way to fab up a gas tank skid plate since its plastic.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in the midst of changing my intake manifold gaskets and my egr valve and tube has exploded. I should have parts by Saturday but its going to be close. Otherwise I'll be adding in some Swedish meat at the meet :(

But she will be reliable for this trail ride!

And thank you to whoever stickied this, much appreciated.

Have you been to doe valley before? From the videos on YouTube I'm seeing it looks like you need atleast 33's minimum and full undercarriage armor. Are there any intermediate trails there? I have 33's but a vulnerable plastic gas tank. Gonna try to fix that issue before the run but we'll see.

I'm pretty certain they have some easier trails. I asked my buddy about it though.

There aren't a whole lot of videos for it so you're not getting a good picture either.

And to add further Watt is on 255/70s with an open diff and I'm on 32s with a soon to be rebuilt LSD so we just do what we're comfortable with.

Ok, I'm ok with some of the trails I've seen on the videos, hell I made it thru creek falls. It's a bit of a hike back home if I take out my gas tank though. LOL. I think I may need to push off the slider build to figure out how to fab up a skid plate for my gas tank. I have plenty of steel to make it, just need to measure it up and figure out mounting brackets as well as how to bend 3/16" steel plate without a torch or brake.

I'm surprised they switched back to a poly tank. Might be worth looking into a 4 door steel tank with the OEM skid plate.

EDIT- There are greens but tank protection is highly recommended.

I'm pretty certain they have some easier trails. I asked my buddy about it though.

There aren't a whole lot of videos for it so you're not getting a good picture either.

And to add further Watt is on 255/70s with an open diff and I'm on 32s with a soon to be rebuilt LSD so we just do what we're comfortable with.

Ill see if I can make it still. I possibly have family coming by the 15th, so I have to be home by then. skipping school doesn't bother me that Monday, I just have to be home by 430.

I'm only coming out for Saturday, my niece's wedding is Sunday. I may just order a composite skid plate until I can take the time to fabricate a steel skid plate.

Ok, let's get a list of people coming to the trail run so we know who's all going and how many. I'll be out there and have my nephew and brother with me in my rig.

So far:

IAmTodd (+2 riders)
Dan
Rebel (+2 riders)

Sadly I think that's it so far.

Todd, what time and where do you wanna meet up out there. I was planning on leaving here around 7:30-8am. How bad was the flooding out there, we got hit hard in Pittsburgh.

So far:

IAmTodd (+2 riders)
Dan
Rebel (+2 riders)

Sadly I think that's it so far.

Sometimes a small group is better though. More wheeling. Big groups move slow, more people get stuck, more waiting. Wish I could make it but I have a bunch of people coming over this weekend for an "anything that floats" contest. Todd, you probably will see the pictures on facebook. Hoping to make the next trip, hopefully we can plan another soonish in case I end up moving or selling the explorer...

We'll catch up some time Vinnie, even if it's just a ride through the wood.

Nice, gotta see some more. Are they just randomly named on YouTube? Is there a publisher I can look for or something to find the other vids?

Nice, gotta see some more. Are they just randomly named on YouTube? Is there a publisher I can look for or something to find the other vids?

You can just subscribe to my channel as I will be posting all of them up eventually. Also, tagging them Doe Valley so they are searchable. I just threw that one and the Yota up for sh*ts and gigles.

I also didn't realize I kept rolling after Todd went up and you were right after, so that was a plus, two explorers one vid.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rebel why did you remove your roof basket

Back