• Register Today It's free!

Weird noise

awmenard

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Hello to all, I need some me help or possible info. I'm hearing this weird noise coming from my truck, I drive a 2011 explorer limited, I hear a glocking sounds mostly when I turn my wheels, sounds like the direction or something of the sort just wants to snap in two.

I brought the car to get inspected and the dealer tells me it's probably due to the fact that I am driving on bigger wheels (265-40-22) I think it makes no sense due to the fact that this started in winter and I was on the original 20's

They say they lifted the car and all components are correct.

Anyone have this problem should I be looking for something else? Could the 22's cause more pressure on some part that would cause this noise? My current set up is about 25lbs heavier on each corner then the stock 20's.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello to all, I need some me help or possible info. I'm hearing this weird noise coming from my truck, I drive a 2011 explorer limited, I hear a glocking sounds mostly when I turn my wheels, sounds like the direction or something of the sort just wants to snap in two.

I brought the car to get inspected and the dealer tells me it's probably due to the fact that I am driving on bigger wheels (265-40-22) I think it makes no sense due to the fact that this started in winter and I was on the original 20's

They say they lifted the car and all components are correct.

Anyone have this problem should I be looking for something else? Could the 22's cause more pressure on some part that would cause this noise? My current set up is about 25lbs heavier on each corner then the stock 20's.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Hey awmenard,

Have you considered seeking a second opinion at another dealer in your area? You can locate dealerships here.

Let me know the year and current odometer reading on your Explorer Limited, and I'll see how to best assist.

Mariel

Hey awmenard,

Have you considered seeking a second opinion at another dealer in your area? You can locate dealerships here.

Let me know the year and current odometer reading on your Explorer Limited, and I'll see how to best assist.

Mariel

I will get you that info shortly, to be honnest I love my truck however Ford customer services has been horrible, this is the 3rd dealer I go to for various issues. I will now be trying a 4th, just not sure I wanna dish out another $115.00 for verification tho.

Not sure why but I've had one great experience at a dealer and that was in Florida, In Canada I've had no luck

Back