New 16 ExSport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New 16 ExSport

I was not aware of a required time before towing. I am picking up on new sport tomorrow and was going to tow my seadoo rxt to the lake house next weekend, 3 hr drive, about 300km a way.

is it not suggested??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was not aware of a required time before towing. I am picking up on new sport tomorrow and was going to tow my seadoo rxt to the lake house next weekend, 3 hr drive, about 300km a way.

is it not suggested??

A seadoo is probably fine. But the owners manual states you should have 1000mi on before towing. My boat is about four times the weight of your seadoo.

Painted the calipers tonight ...

46403E3F-7C2D-4D4D-9121-E46305B3123D_zpsbrxc7mhi.jpg

4CB58A82-FC87-45B4-B49B-862774828308_zpsjei8z1eg.jpg

Now all you need is a vinyl "Ford" sticker on the caliper. Can find them on eBay. White would look good given your white Ex. Blue or black too.

Calipers were looking rusty on my Saab so I painted them a high gloss silver (more silver/gray, which I like) with the G2 kit. Really jump out, but wanted a more OEM look. What I did do was put red vinyl "Saab" stickers on all four calipers that came in the two front and back sizes from eBay.

Have held up like a charm for 2 years with no clearcoat over them. Just the sticker. Stay on fine even with brake heat. Also helps that I have ceramic pads so really no brake dust caking over them. Would be easier to clean if clearcoated. Just have to spray some over the area where the sticker is. Vinyl is the way to go.

Here's how it looks for those who may want to try it. Since my Ex has 18's, you can't really see the brakes so I'm not bothering, but here is a link that shows how it looks on my Saab.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2lks0aw&s=8

No new mods...but I caught a great pic in the twilight hours today!

IMG_2070_zpsrfwk8jj7.jpg

No new mods...but I caught a great pic in the twilight hours today!

IMG_2070_zpsrfwk8jj7.jpg

I just saw my first '16 White Plat Sport today. Looked sweet as that pic.

looks great. can we get more pics showing the brakes? now im torn between black and red on my silver 16.

What paint did you use?

Those calipers look awesome with the color like that. I might have to paint mine!

Also...love that Mustang in your garage!

I love it. I need you guys to read my new post asking you to convince me to pull the trigger on a new Sport! It will replace our 2002 V-8 4wd. Please respond to my other post and make me feel good about picking one of these up.
Thanks

Back