• Register Today It's free!

Wireless Gauges

66gt350ps

Reaction score
City, State
Honolulu, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
It would be nice to have more information on the Ford Sport (2014) dash display about the engine, like boost, voltage, oil pressure, etc. Has anyone checked out or installed the Auto-Meter wireless Air-Core gauges than runs through a Bluetooth set up with a OBDII plug in sending unit? The light color in the gauges can also be changed.
http://www.autometer.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=+gauges+airdrive#1&profile=products

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The amount of different things you can monitor with the DashCommand app will make your head spin.

Basic gauges like Oil pressure @ $210.00, Temp gauge @ $210.00, Alternator gauge @ $210.00 = $630.00 from Autometer. No, not very economical. Think how much gas you can buy for that amount. Now, chances are, you have an iPhone or similar. Invest in a dash attachment of some kind for your phone, around 20 bucks and get Forscan lite app @ $4.61. You can monitor virtually any drivetrain function with this app and it won't cost you, on average, more than 20 or 30 bucks. Plus, you get the advantage of having a scanner for detecting operational problems. Your money, your choice.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the responses on this and the other thread about Bluetooth OBDII units (only $10, wow) and the use of an IPhone or Android. I would rather have a gauge pod instead of using the phone. I wish the info was available on the My Touch screen in either digital or analog gauge style view, but unfortunately not a Ford idea. All my other turbo or supercharged rides have the information in gauge pods, so I am spoiled looking for the info.

Are there any gauges similar to the Auto Meter ones that anyone is using (successfully) and are cheaper?

Seems to me it would be cheaper, more versatile, and more customizeable to buy an iPad Mini as a dedicated gauge panel than it would be to do a few Auto Meter gauges. That said, it's your ride, your rules. I hope you find a solution that fits your preferences.

Back